How to play Pocket Aces Out of Position?

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have doubts when I have a pair of Aces in hand, because when I make a set, the person only calls and on the flop I have to play first. I don't know if I do slow play or if I already c-bet. What do I do?

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, you can late c-bet on the turn representing a pair or any other hand that didn't hit, but the villain is already expecting a c-bet with an ace on the flop, even a bluff c-bet. So if you are playing a tight villain don't c-bet, a lose one c-bet.

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
people generally expect flop cbet - as long as its not out of ordinary - i believe they'll call

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you have a set on the flop and a board of offsuit and there are no two sides, then you check if you see that there are suited or two sides, then you add and collect chips from these cards

Yermek

Yermek

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on many things, cash game or tournament, tournament position, stack length.

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Either open big and Cbet big or open small but being careful ;)

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In my case it would be played differently if it is a tournament or cash tables, in the check tournament and in cash I make a 1/4 continuation bet.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I make my decisions depending on board texture and my reads on my opponents in the hand.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make decisions based on my stack and how my opponent behaves.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on the opponent's style of play, board structure and position. If you correctly specify the range of other players, you can reduce losses and increase gains. Well, in no case do not play limps from an early position to the whole table.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bem, você pode fazer uma c-bet tardia no turn representando um par ou qualquer outra mão que não acertou, mas o vilão já está esperando uma c-bet com um ás no flop, até mesmo uma c-bet de blefe. Então, se você estiver jogando com um vilão tight, não faça c-bet, perde uma c-bet.
Se o vilão é tiet, ele tende a não pay nenhuma c-bet a menos que estejamos perdendo a mão, não é?

if you have a set on the flop and a table of different suits and there are no two sides, then you check for suits or two sides, then you add and collect chips from those cards
My fear is what can live at the turn.

Or open big and Cbet big or open small, but be careful;)

I didn't understand. Would opening with a big bet not turn into a Bluff?

F

Foxie12340

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time I raise or reraise with them because they are so easy to lose with if you don’t

L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If its cash game it's probably a diffrent play then tournament. I think cash game you gotta check call . Bet on turn

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
DO NOT SLOW PLAY. EVER. I've seem to many players doing this and crying their hearth out after being beat at the river. And u don't get to profitable as much as u could when u don't put money on the pot.

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
depending on what stack, and so I try to immediately push aces, I can’t play them

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I c-bet as usual and hope he has something interesting on his hands.
but really the best hands for this situation I think are low pairs with top pair on the flop.
a real dream.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Make a 3bb raise and play normally, it is the middle way and the safest way!

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Play hard, raise hard and fast with AA + A, but be careful for possible flushes, straights or houses.

dead_in_sight

dead_in_sight

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
FI
Chips
if u had biggest stack on the table - you easy may take all-in or at least bet 3bb

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
I have doubts when I have a pair of Aces in hand, because when I make a set, the person only calls and on the flop I have to play first. I don't know if I do slow play or if I already c-bet. What do I do?
i never slow play my aces i use to and that was always a recipe for disaster, when garbage hands crack AA's so i tend to mix it up from 2.5x or 3x bb's raise always

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Open a RNG, and mix you play, sometimes for trap, sometimes for value/extract