How to play more hands?

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello everyone I play some time poker, my style is tighter I play few hands and in some tournaments I reach the payouts but with few blinds and when I try to play looser I lose myself in the plays and I lose all the chips, I would like to know how I can play more hands in balanced ways? Thank you very much in advance

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Start playing tight, as the time pass you will read the others players and can wide a little your range, generally when more close to the final stage more loose we need to play, but if you have a good strategy to play tight, there are no necessity to loose your game, just make some adjusts on your range, and try to extract more value from your hands, aggression are the key, be more loose will help only in certain cases.

What you think about your game? what time you realize that need to be loose? Are you a profitable player? Trying to send some hands that you consider that need to play more loose and we will help you, different players reviewing your hands can give you a chance to learn more about other styles and increase your strategy to play in theses cases.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't need to play more hands. For example, according to my statistics, I watch every tenth flop if there are 9 or 10 players at the table. If you look more, there are unnecessary stack losses. Moreover, if your game is going well, then why change the strategy.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't need to play more hands. For example, according to my statistics, I watch every tenth flop if there are 9 or 10 players at the table. If you look more, there are unnecessary stack losses. Moreover, if your game is going well, then why change the strategy.

+1 If you really are playing too nitty, that doesn't necessarily mean you should just start playing with more hands - you don't want to be playing inferior hands either. Maybe try loosening up a little based on position? (Playing more hands that would have been close folds if you are now in later position and folding the same hands in earlier position) Also, maybe you can even try playing the same number of hands, but playing those a little more aggressively (like 3-betting slightly wider) as an experiment just to see what results you get.

Sometimes I just try to play a TAG game and end up playing a solid LAG game, so I guess you could say I have the opposite problem :D

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you very much for the tips i'm studying for better results commented by you guys utiul grateful

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My guess is you are a 10/7 ish player that wants to become a 18/15 ish player give or take a few points on each. First thing to realize is for that conversion to happen you only need to play 5-7 more hands out of 100 than you normally would. When you put it in those terms it is not such a drastic change. To accomplish this try to play hands in the button and cutoff that you wouldnt normally. On top of that add in some 3 bets on hands that you normally would fold. Depending on your current range, maybe it is hands like K10 or KJ suited that instead of folding to a raise in front of you, you can now 3 bet. Again you dont have to go overboard with this to accomplish "loosening up". You can also add some suited connectors and wheel ace connected hands. Note that I say some and not all meaning there should be times when you raise or 3 bet A4 suited and other times you should fold it depending on opponents. This experience will come with more time playing. You will also find when you add more hands to your playing range that you will also make more mistakes pre flop. This is okay, its part of the learning process that everyone continues to go through every day.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that you should open up and start playing more hands in late position, especially on the button. The less players you have to act behind you the less likely they have a real hand. Also it can be helpful not just about your absolute hand strength but your relative hand strength. Think about the range of hands your opponent could be playing and how your hand stacks up against that.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands