How to play large freerolls?

Laurenfergus

Laurenfergus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello in a freeroll there are alot of people that sign up. Last game I was in there were 1000 can anyone give me any tips next time I play my freeroll as I find it hard to stay in once the blinds get higher.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Be aggressive play a lot get lucky.

M

Mazak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should try to steal blinds from D,SB,BB,UTG and you've to play your strong hands very well ;)

nevedimka29

nevedimka29

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to be much more aggressive. where most people are playing aggressively, but sometimes come across cautious opponents

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In those micro mtts you need to pick your spots and be very aggressive. Need to get a good start and build up your stack as early as poosible. Some ppl in those mtts would usually start by playing tight and then wanting to loosen up in the middle stages. But keep in mind the field of players and the blinds and antes once they kick in. The idea is to keep up with the top half of the field and not getting left behind. So once your BR can take it, be super aggressive and win some coin flips and hope to catch some luck and you'll find yourself in the money :icon_thum

doggycfg

doggycfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggressive play best strategy if blaind quickly grow!!Maybe limp

A

Ametist17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll! It is that stage through which there have to pass all players!

To play very modestly at the beginning as the most desperate players in the first rates will quickly try to double. Having waited it is the period in minutes 30. Playing more accurately, a large number of players will take off. And behind that to begin to play mor

Last edited by a moderator:
vse i sra3y

vse i sra3y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that freerolls 1000+ player is a card roulette)) In The shutter does not have any tactics - only need luck.

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that freerolls 1000+ player is a card roulette)) In The shutter does not have any tactics - only need luck.

Freeroll - is a tape measure), there was little poker)

A

Ametist17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are poker elements! Well this my opinion!

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No bluff, a large range of hands, be very aggressive and I think that's of course good luck! without it it is impossible)) to be Able to fold Yes very good hand! Reply all-in very very rare (IT's a LOTTERY!)

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In those micro mtts you need to pick your spots and be very aggressive. Need to get a good start and build up your stack as early as poosible. Some ppl in those mtts would usually start by playing tight and then wanting to loosen up in the middle stages. But keep in mind the field of players and the blinds and antes once they kick in. The idea is to keep up with the top half of the field and not getting left behind. So once your BR can take it, be super aggressive and win some coin flips and hope to catch some luck and you'll find yourself in the money :icon_thum

I actually found myself playing much better when I don't worry about average stack, because in the end your stack size does not matter at all. You get paid based on how long you survive that's key.

So to OP, when you got fewer BB's behind some plays shouldn't be made anymore (like set mining or playing too many speculative cards). And when you got few enough BB's don't hesitate open shoving. Either you steal a pot and can go on for an extra round, you double up or you bust. But you avoid getting blinded out in that way.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually found myself playing much better when I don't worry about average stack, because in the end your stack size does not matter at all. You get paid based on how long you survive that's key.

So to OP, when you got fewer BB's behind some plays shouldn't be made anymore (like set mining or playing too many speculative cards). And when you got few enough BB's don't hesitate open shoving. Either you steal a pot and can go on for an extra round, you double up or you bust. But you avoid getting blinded out in that way.

Well diff people will have their own perspective and at the end of the day you have to choose what fit you best. Ive made it to 3 large field micro mtt final tables within the past 2 months, which are similar to large free rolls and didnt got there by taking my time in the begining and middle stages. Not saying taking your time wont help, but stages where ppl were desperatly fighting for chips and the bb was eating up their chips, i was comfortable and was easily plahying all of my ranges. But as i said you have to find what works for you. i played like 30 tournys and in those were the 3 final tables, So the way i play requires high volume and considering my payout from those final tables it was GREAT roi.

ledge4131

ledge4131

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello in a freeroll there are alot of people that sign up. Last game I was in there were 1000 can anyone give me any tips next time I play my freeroll as I find it hard to stay in once the blinds get higher.

My recommendation is to play position wisely. With the view to steal antes and blinds later on in the tournament. The key thing is to play your strong hands as aggressively as possible, while picking the position play that allows you to apply the most pressure.

Also, a little luck goes a long way!

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To survive on the bubble, you need to double or triple as soon as possible and then sit out until the end of the bubble, and then aggression and everything will turn out!

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well diff people will have their own perspective and at the end of the day you have to choose what fit you best. Ive made it to 3 large field micro mtt final tables within the past 2 months, which are similar to large free rolls and didnt got there by taking my time in the begining and middle stages. Not saying taking your time wont help, but stages where ppl were desperatly fighting for chips and the bb was eating up their chips, i was comfortable and was easily plahying all of my ranges. But as i said you have to find what works for you. i played like 30 tournys and in those were the 3 final tables, So the way i play requires high volume and considering my payout from those final tables it was GREAT roi.

Yeah not trying to criticize you mate, just saying that I play it differently. If a loose style suits you, you should play it ofc. You got the results to show for it, nice run bro!

How do you play with such a loose range tho? Do you bet smaller? Because I find myself wasting chips too often if I try that.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah not trying to criticize you mate, just saying that I play it differently. If a loose style suits you, you should play it ofc. You got the results to show for it, nice run bro!

How do you play with such a loose range tho? Do you bet smaller? Because I find myself wasting chips too often if I try that.

I play lots of games at one time, not saying I'm a loose head but I play super aggressive and not afraid of shoving to go up against a coin flip, have to win couple coin flips to make it deep, my range in the beginning starts at A8 and goes up, do lot of set mining and semi bluffing, and pray to get lucky

M

mwtrager55

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Open your range from late position,but play tight aggressive in early positions.
Get a feel for the table: If you are in late POS 9 handed and it gets folded around to you Raise! see a flop and go from there

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play aggressively, look at the players who are playing. The most important thing in freerolls is luck

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you select freeroll to play, you should play 3-4 hours to final table or ITM.
Most of the players prefer All-in at early stage to cumulate chips quickly or be knocked out quickly.
If you dislike this way, then when you got a good hand you should be very aggressive to win, otherwise the chips is not enough at middle stage or late stage.

A

Akey124

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have gone deep in several freerolls and the most important lesson I have learned is looking for spots in position to go all in during middle stages when 3-4 players go all in ahead of you. I have had success with hands like 66-99. A lot of players go all in with any 2 Broadway cards suited connectors and small pocket pairs so a lot of times you are ahead with middle pairs pre flop. If you are able to hit a set or fade the overs you will have a nice size stack that allows you to pick better spots as players get desperate with increasing blinds. It does take some luck to go deep but getting lucky in large multiway pots is a great way to increase your stack and chances of making a run. GL

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I try to build a stack at the beginning when the blinds are low , see more hands . If I have not succeeded and the stack is low I play aggressively .
In the middle phase you have to try to win pots and have a middle stack untill the late stage . Then , well , then the game begins .
I try to play more aggressively day by day cause I have seen that I don't play some hands that I should , and this costs me . So in the late phase , aggression !!!

K

kay1919kay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed when you are close to in the money you need to be more aggessive as most players will always fold knowing they could bubble and do not wish to risk it.

Gphillips15

Gphillips15

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early in tournaments or big sit n goes I try to maximise my stack and play more hands (see the flop) at least. Then decide how to act. Before the blinds are to big and expensive to do as often

Freeroll Passwords