CO open
BTN 3bet
I have JJ in the SB
I Go all IN with 45BB
CO fold
and BOTTOM call

CO is agressive so i feel he has a trash hand
BTN is a passive player

So, meaby BTN is playing with pairs of tens or worse in some cases.

in this case BTN have QQ and win the pot, but what do you say about this hand?

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A call to see the flop or a 4bet would have lessened the variance

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold))) just once again lost all in with JJ:icon_pale

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To put on a 3-bet all-in with JJ 45бб, why so much ? You could call or raise and look at the reaction of the opponent or the flop, and based on this to think how to play next. Yes, JJ's arm is good, but not strong enough. Just do not forget that loose aggressive players also come strong cards.

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ is one of the hardest hands to play in poker, I find whatever way you play it, something bad happens and you end up losing the pot. This being said, with a hand as vulnerable as JJ I like a smooth call OOP, check a flop out, see from there if it seems like a good spot to continue on. JJ is extremely vulnerable for a big pair and you should always have in your mind the possibility of being beat. Stacking off with JJ here is a poor play, what are you expecting from this result, the best possible result is 99 or 1010 calling you and your ahead, all other spots are 50 50 or worse. Play JJ more cautiously in the future.

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
low over pair - no need to play aggressive

low over pair on flop - very weak hand, never play it aggressively! dependingen on tournament, progression, stack and rest of table you may try force people out but not generally worth it for 3bb from you and another player. and if you do you need to go all in as first move! - tournament killer and not really worth it unless you are short stacked and have position

thats my view other people may have different takes on it 😀

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pocket pair JJ - for me this is not the hand on which I would put all-in 45 BB on the preflop. I think that in your case the optimal solution is to call the opponent's raise.

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this case: 4bet and fold to 5bet, or all-in (provided that BTN is not a nit)

Aprendiz_Edu

Aprendiz_Edu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon.

Depending on the position of the table, I'm going straight to All-win.

J

jofieloviedo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is ok

I think that if you have 45BB with JJ you wanna go all in. In this case you had no lucky but it was ok. I think that if the button made just call it would be a problem for you if there is any A, R, Q on the flop and see the next card would be difficult. I recomend play that hand very carefully but with 45BB I guess it is an easy push

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A call to see the flop or a 4bet would have lessened the variance

If the button defends and calls with decent holdings, I would have just called and seen a flop. JJ is just like 9s or 10s. It's not over powering, and loses to any other face card pair.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
better is to call or 4bet, JJ is not the hand on which I would like to play all-in

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call to see the flop but not all-in.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the safest play with JJ there is to call the 3bet and see a flop. A or K flops you can always get away from your hand. Or even a Q. You're only gonna find yourself in trouble with a flop no higher than Ten being that the button had QQ in this scenario. I use to always go all in with JJ but it just wasn't a winning play. Now I just play them safe. It's not the premium hand that it use to be in the early 2000s. Too many things beat it. 45bb is too deep to go broke with them. If I'm shortstacked or 20bb or less I shove all in there no problem. Otherwise play them safe. See a flop.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to value it as the same as a suited connector like 8 9 or any other SMALL pocket pair. I do this so I do not over commit. I don't want to over inflate the pot and really examine my position, stack size and tournament status.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I wouldn't shove with 45 blinds and two others possibly to call after a 3bet on the small blind , 20 blinds or less yes . JJ is not very strong hand , easily could be dominated

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry for my english,
CO open
BTN 3bet
I have JJ in the SB
I Go all IN with 45BB
CO fold
and BOTTOM call

CO is agressive so i feel he has a trash hand
BTN is a passive player

So, meaby BTN is playing with pairs of tens or worse in some cases.

in this case BTN have QQ and win the pot, but what do you say about this hand?

I think you played perfectly if you are not an advanced player yet. Yes, in this situation your opponent had QQ, but if he was a passive player he would have folded most of his hands and, besides, you worried mostly about the CO and you successfully made him fold with your move. Shoving is an excellent way to compensate for a handicap in skill, and I am shoving my JJ unless I identify players who make obvious mistakes that tell me I might have more skill then them, and then I try to play small ball against those. But against opponents I know nothing about, I shove my JJ.