How to play in Omaha?

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One thing I find when playing omaha is that it is not smart to raise preflop for with 4 cards in the hole the possible hands are many. You could have AA KK and raise all in only to loose to 2 pr 3's and 7's. Omaha is a crazy game where you have to pay attention. I try not to raise unless I'm sure I have thje nuts. Until you feel you have the hang of it playing Omaha you should go slow, make cautious bets, and learn!:D:D

i have the nuts.

Narciso

Narciso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who has the largest sequence?

Attachments

• Sem título.jpg
    Sem título.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 41
S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also like to play omaha (PLO) and i noticed that raising pre-flop not very good thing in omaha

Aleksandr Sarpov

Aleksandr Sarpov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who has the largest sequence?
At your rival. By the rules of Omaha you must use 2 of your cards. No more and no less. And your combination will be stronger only with the condition that you will use only 1 of your card.

B

BrianM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find exactly that kind of scenario to be pretty intimidating when it comes to getting into Omaha. It seems with so many cards to choose from that strategy needs to be totally rethought--because if you have a hand imagine what the other player has! Would like to get into it some day.

V

veruska A1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha is an exciting poker game derived from Texas Hold'em. Each player is dealt four cards ("own cards" or "hand cards") that belong only to that player. Five community cards are dealt face up on the table. In Omaha games, all players must use exactly three of the community cards together with their two cards to form the best five-card poker hand.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you've got 4 to a flush and flop a flush draw normally you've got 9 outs to make the flush, but since you've got 4 of the same suit, you now have 7 outs for the flush, essentially robbing yourself of equity. If you're just starting out, best to just throw that hand away preflop.

M

myuk1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been wondering similar things as far as ohama goes. I know what the good starting hands are for holdem and the ranks, but i havent looked much into what the best starting hands are for ohama, im assuming its relatively similar, AA KK suited being the best, but I am not sure how flush or straights go. How much worse is your hand if u have 3 of the same number. Anyone got any good resources?

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cmon man you want a few posts to tell you how to play a game?
it's like telling you that calling 3 steerts with a 3d pair in a 3-bet pot in NLHE is not the best way to play.
There is a lot of books and articles about PLO/ start there

M

MulletMan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Highly recommend watching this video to understand Omaha better:

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am not sure about most of his instruction, but that video is LOL-BAD when it comes to bankroll.

"We have a bankroll of around 360 dollars, so if we keep the bankroll management of 10 buy-ins like last week we have around 100 dollars to play PLO 50. So I am opening two tables of zoom."

There's so much right there, like 10 buy-ins is not enough of a bankroll for PLO. And $50 is not 1/10 of $360. And zoom tables probably should have higher bankroll requirements than normal ones.

After that, I only listened to a few minutes, but the play advice didn't seem too horrible. Just can't get over that bankroll thing. Don't play PLO 50 with $360, kids.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer Omaha HI / Lo, knowing how to manage the pre flop and only enter with a strong hand makes it easier to take the pot, in my opinion of course, and do not get too excited because your bank can clear cash game quickly.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I play agressive with high cards/A,K,D/

O

oldolm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play very loose in multihand spots and im up

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha - stick to high cards , and suited , as well as connectors

Anatoliy Tolik

Anatoliy Tolik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
n Omaha, there is a much greater chance of combinations, it is difficult to scale

D

Dantooos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To understand how to play poker you need to remember the seniority of these poker combinations:

"Royal Straight Flush" – top 5 senior cards of the same suit.
"Straight Flush" – 5 cards of the same suit in order.
Four of a kind – 4 cards of the same rank.
"Full house" – a combination that includes "a Couple" and "Three" at the same time.
"Flash" – 5 cards of the same suit.
"Street" – 5 collected in order cards of any suit.
"Seth" or "triple" – 3 cards of the same rank.
Two pairs – 4 cards, among which are collected for 2 of the same rank.
"Pair" is 2 identical cards.
The lowest combination is "high card" is 1 map. The higher the rank, the more likely her victory.

D

Dantooos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are several variants of Omaha, these rules are suitable for any of them:
Pot limit Omaha (PLO) - the player can bet up to the size of the pot (if the pot is $10, then put it may be no more than $10). This is the most popular variant of Omaha.
No limit omaha poker - a player can make any bets, including to put all of your chips.
Omaha fixed limit - each round is fixed betting limit.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play Omaha more interesting for me than hold'em, hands are dealt 4 cards and you choose 2 cards best with which you need to put together a good combination, in Omaha you can even play on small cards and they play better than in hold'em, learn to play style Omaha and you will like this game!

D

Dantooos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Oklahoma is a fairly new subspecies of Omaha, which appeared only in 2010. In the same year hosted the first tournaments in Oklahoma. The game has caused huge interest not only among fans of Omaha poker, but Texas hold'em, because it has a lot in common with both these forms of poker.

Rules of Oklahoma is very similar to the rules of Omaha. The main difference is that in the course of trade, the player, closer to the river, remains with two cards instead of four.

Preflop play doesn't have any differences from Omaha, each player receives 4 cards and is involved in the trade. After the flop, if a player wants to stay in the game, during the game the application, he must discard one of their four hole cards. After this, the turn, and the situation is repeated, together with his bet, the player discards one of the three remaining cards. Playing in Oklahoma, the player begins with four cards, but when opened Rivera, he only has only two cards. Both hole cards are required to participate in the preparation of combination. Therefore, when the showdown takes into account any three community cards on the Board and two cards remaining player in the hand.

OK enough fun variant of poker game online, and despite its apparent simplicity, the strategy game is very different from all other varieties of Omaha.

D

Dantooos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Five-card Omaha was the very first variant of Omaha. Unlike all other types, as you can guess from the title, is that each player sit on hands at the 4 and 5 cards. Because of this, players are able to form an even greater number of combinations. All other rules do not differ from regular Omaha, each player in five card Omaha needs to build a maximum hand, using exactly two pocket cards and three community. Bank in game one, and it takes away the player who has the best hand.

Today, it is very difficult to find partners for playing this type of Omaha poker, both in live game and online.

D

Dantooos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The differences between the rules of Omaha hi / lo (Omaha Hi/Lo) from the usual Omaha is that the pot is divided into two equal parts, one part of the Bank wins the player who has the strongest hand, and the second part - the player with the weak hand. In Omaha hi / lo rules allow to divide the Bank, but not always.

When playing Omaha high low, second Bank, you can not win every deal. If none of the players managed to collect <weak> hand, the entire pot is won by the player with the strongest hand. Weak hand (low) - must meet several criteria. In addition, standard rules of Omaha, two cards must be a pocket, but three of the common lying on the Board to get a lower combination, you must collect 5 cards without repetition, and in this combination, no other card would have been older than 8. The best hand for low, the Bank is А2345 - though it is straight, but when compiling a low hand in Omaha hi-lo, straights and flushes do not count. Therefore, in order lo combination was made, it is necessary that at least 3 cards of different denominations on the Board were 8 and less, and also that such a criterion needs at least 2 hole cards. The ACE may be counted as the strongest, and as the weakest card, so one of your ACE can participate in low and high combinations and you can win two banks at once.

D

Dantooos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If two or more players have been able to make a low hand, the comparison of combinations occurs according to the following principle. Compares the older maps from those that fall within the low combination, the one with the highest card less, and takes the pot. With equal high cards, the following cards are compared, as long as a hand will be weaker. In case of equality of all five cards, / lo the pot is split between players.