How to play Full-House from a flop?

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never get paid :(

Cos guess what, I having "all" their outs in my hand. Even in multiway pot I've got insta-fold from everybody to any smallest bet. Should I always watch people check-down all the way to the river so I could get at least something...

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every table is different. Every opponent is different. It is HARD to get paid BIG on big hands... because you NEED your opponent to have something they can bet or call with.

When you flop the full-house ask yourself "what hands can I my opponent have that he will call with" if you can't think of any, then perhaps it is better to check to give your opponent a chance to bluff.

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you flop the full-house ask yourself "what hands can I my opponent have that he will call with" if you can't think of any, then perhaps it is better to check to give your opponent a chance to bluff.

I know what hand my opp could call, but I can't tell if he has one. Unless I sitting on BU.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A flopped full house is one of the few spots in poker, where slowplaying often makes sense. Especially if you have it with a hand like KJ on KJJ rainbow. In a spot like this you often need to check and hopefully let someone catch up a bit on the turn.

Z

zeist2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play it carefully. If there are a lot of players the chance is big that someone else also has a FH. Even better one.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every table is different. Every opponent is different. It is HARD to get paid BIG on big hands... because you NEED your opponent to have something they can bet or call with.

Agreed. This is tricky for a few reasons...as mentioned we hold pretty much everything and the second reason is because it takes a little hand-reading to predict if they have anything. Sad truth is that you won't get paid if they got nothing and won't bluff. If they do have a hand, then it becomes a guessing game or sorts to figure out how much value you can get from this hand.

Probably checking the flop makes sense, unless you think they won't believe a flop bet (maybe you've been c-betting a ton). The question is if we should be on the Turn, River, or not at all. I'd bet whenever you think they might call with a worse hand. Something like an Ace or King hitting the board (but not a card we had for Full House) might be a "scare card" but might also connect with the opponent(s), so a decent bet when that card hits might induce them to play back at you if they paired said card.

Ironically, this spot is tough to get value from, despite being such a monster hand. Same with Four of a Kind, Royal Flushes or anything really unlikely.

Play it carefully. If there are a lot of players the chance is big that someone else also has a FH. Even better one.

It is good to always consider if the opponent has a better hand. However, we can't be scared of Full House over Full House too much. It is rare enough for one in a hand; two or more is super unlikely so there isn't enough reason to suspect the opponent(s) have us beat now. If they do, then it is a cooler and part of the game.

I've correctly folded Full House over Full House several times before, but this is highly dependent on hand reading and tells. From a purely math approach, or no tells, then we should be willing to assume our Full House is best by far most of the time. I certainly wouldn't call the probability of a better Full House facing us a "big" chance ;)

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you wants to get paid on a boat you had to play before on the similar boards like you had it as well, creating an image and people to know that you are capable of bluffing
Betting on dry boards in multiway pot means strength, so better check there and let someone catch some straight or flush draws to pay you

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flopping a full house is nice but not one you are likely to get paid off on most times. most opponents will have totally missed and people are suspecting that someone hit at least trips.

The times I have mostly been paid off is when there is a possible flush draw or straight draw for my opponent. Then I will make my standard bets and hope someone comes along.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slowplay and hope someone pairs on turn or river or maybe they try to bluff you on river, who knows. I also suggest checking as fast as you can, as that can indicate you have a week hand and incite a bluff.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello, good day, interesting post, regarding how to properly play a Full House from the Flop. In my opinion I consider above all things in which table you are playing, if at your table there are players who tend to play hands more frequently, you should first study those players and there is where you play slowly and waiting for them you can get the greatest possible success.

This topic is interesting and in my case I would love to continue reading to the CC Members to see what they think.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is best if you check the full house on the flop to make the opponent think that you are very weak on the turn I would play check / call again

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How you played the monster on the flop correctly depends on how you played before (tight or loose), which hands you showed at the showdown, whether you were aggressive or passive, and it also depends on which of your opponents ...