How to play before the bubble

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Total posts
Awards
VE
Greetings community. How do they play before the bubble bursts? I ask why it happened to me that I played with pair AA or pair KK before the bubble and they took me a trio or flush .......
Will I have to hold on until I explode and then play or is it wrong to play those hands?

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Total posts
Hi efranto2286. As for me, I'm going to play those hands no matter what. If I get beat holding them, then I just get beat. It's gambling. Besides, if you win the hand, you could have the chips to go for the win. But it's all up to you. GL

shim36

shim36

Rock Star
Total posts
I think it depends on how stacked you are and what position you are aiming for. There's a big difference between a prize and zero, so it's good to think it over.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Total posts
Hello. Unless I am low banked, I try to play late position, no raisers.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Greetings community. How do they play before the bubble bursts? I ask why it happened to me that I played with pair AA or pair KK before the bubble and they took me a trio or flush .......
Will I have to hold on until I explode and then play or is it wrong to play those hands?

As everyone at your table is in the same shoes, I think before bubble many times people are tight. Which is ok, cause min cash is still cash. If you make an action just ask yourself is it worth to risk all of my game and my profit on that, or can I wait till the bubble bursts.

I think with KK,AA you can easily open bigger to scare the mid-bad cards. But if you are low stack, you can make value on these hands, and at least you tried to double-up and getting more chance to move deeper.

You can imrpove your bubble game for sure, as I said the most important question is take a deep breath and ask yourself how much the ITM mean to you, and what game you should do to bring from that MTT the max, but still have chance to survive the bubble.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
This is poker there is no perfect strategy. You always need to play as the situation dictates. If you want to play, no, you don't need to. No advice here will help it appears, thanks to practice and luck. It is very important that the opponent has an interesting hand for a good hand, so that he risks a large number of chips. In other words, you yourself understand that this is a very complex and variable game. Because what advice can there be? Play and try to win.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Total posts
Awards
As a general rule, play the bubble very carefully, watch out for medium and small stacks. Take your time to show up when there is less stack than yours at the table and play carefully against a large stack. But such a game does not guarantee you a deeper passage in the tournament at all, but it gives you the opportunity to get into the minimum prizes.

P

psycodelic1

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
Thats vari1nce bro you cant do nothing there just dont change youre game because of just few bad beats the goal always its being in the itm

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
It depend on how much stacks that u have & how much money when ITM.

Most of players play very aggressive in freerolls. :) it is caused by no buy-in fee.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Total posts
Short-stacked, play tight and just go all-in if you're gonna play a hand. Big-stacked, push everyone else with less chips around all the way to the money.

D

daniel888

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
I think with a good stack, playing tight on the bubble is fine. It's just unlucky when you get busted with AA or KK. Playing the bubble correctly is very crucial, so I often recheck my decision with ICMIZER, it helps me a lot.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Total posts
Well, in principle, the point of a good active game on the bubble is not to be afraid to lose and not get your minimum, but to do everything possible to increase the stack. BUT!
1. The table must be NOT aggressive.
2. The table should not consist of morons who call allins for the entire stack with QT.
3. You shouldn't have any loose oppos with stacks bigger than yours.
4. Continuing bets on any uncoordinated flop are MANDATORY! Our goal is to collect as many pots as possible.
5. The deeper the stack and the closer the bubble, the more hands we play.
On microstakes, you should not be too zealous on the bubble, they will not appreciate it. It seems to me that at these limits, in general, people pay little attention to how much is left, if they are ready to rearrange you from A2, they will do it regardless of how many people are left before the prizes.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
For me it depends on what the starting prizes are. If they are low, I don't change my strategy and I allow myself to be aggressive. If the starting prizes are high, I sometimes even fold AA if someone goes all in.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Total posts
So it depends a lot in my opinion if my bankroll is good I'm not afraid to attack the bubble with pairs I ate 10 10 but if my bankroll is short I play a little but with caution

Sariane

Sariane

Rock Star
Total posts
I believe it's impossible to hold a hand like that, even if it's in the bubble. There are days when it's not our day even playing with AA, there are days when the deck is upside down, lol

P

P86

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
It's never wrong to play AA even in the bubble and loosing have happened to me before in the same spot.
I guess I won't fold AA in that spot and I think it's better not to allow more than one opponent in the hand and go for all in preflop if you are called by more than 1 opponent is bad play by the others and loosing is not your fault

Jay R

Jay R

Enthusiast
Total posts
Yes, play slower & fold unless you have lots of chips. Remember ever flop someone could draw quads.

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
before the bubble I will fold AK QQ KK and if it is a huge ITM I will even fold even aces, but it all depends on your stack and how much you want to get into ITM

300HPGOD

Legend
Total posts
Awards
AA and KK should be played all the time unless its a satellite bubble. You are part of the freeroll club so if you get a chance to, watch the way Mahaloall (also Luvpoker) plays the bubble. He is normally a 20/15 player but around the bubble he becomes a 40/40 player opening way more hands and takes advantage of everyones folding. He really plays the bubble well and if you get a chance to, study the way he plays the bubble and see if you can incorporate that into your own game.