How to play AK on utg?

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Opening bet of 2.5 - 3 times the big blind. If you are 3bet and then are a few callers I’m never afraid to put in a decent 4 bet. Hopefully it will isolate the pot. Once the flop comes I’m hoping to connect otherwise I’m not over valuing ace high. AK loses a lot of value once you miss the flop. I’m not going broke trying to get a lucky river that misses most of the time.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd always rasise 2-3x the BB from the UTG or shove depending on my chip stack, and then I'd consider c-betting 2/3 pot after the flop to reinforce my big hand.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly I raise/re-raise and try to play aggressively, AK is quite good to play in such way with (sometimes I don't because of different things like number of opponents, state of game etc).

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always a raise from any position and a minimum 3bet call from late. Try continuation betting the flop for a small amount even if you miss. About 1/3 pot. Don't get too attached. Throw it away if you are facing a lot of aggression and have no straight or flush draw to go with it.