Chips
How to play AK if you missed the flop?

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on alot of variables, position at table, stack size. but usually you would want to be seed betting almost 100% of the time

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's calmly watched and but it's a good plan.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Nobody knows that you are not hit:)

ivanlt18

ivanlt18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, in which position?
Second, if you missed the flop, it depends on the cards that are shown and how many opponents are you facing.
Third, have you been playing tight or loose on that table?
Can't advice without the correct information :(

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have to think in the terms of ranges for you and your opponents and what position are they in. Is the flop more coordinated with yours or the callers? If the flop is more likely to connect with your opponent then it is better to just check and probably fold. AK was one of my worst profitable hands before I studied and learned how to play them better.

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can you please elaborate? There's a lot of way to play AK postflop. Position and opponent type is vital. If I'm in position I C-bet AK most of the time such as 10 7 3 rainbow board.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even though this hand is often played in an abusive manner by a large number of players, you must be able yourself not to overevaluate it and gauge its potential when needed. You only have about a 12% chance. Finding an Ace or King on the turn if you didn't hit anything on the flop; in fact, there is no precise and exact answer. because it depends on several other factors including the state of your stack or the information you have accumulated on your opponent. but generally checking and folding when you don't hit your flop is a good decision. When are you ready to let go of As-King? A real dilemma, even for the best players.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is a good starting hand, but you need to re-evaluate your form at all times, depending on both the cards on the table and the attitude of your opponents.

You start betting hard, and if you are seconding a made hand, you will have a better chance of winning, the final positions are better to play, stay out of position, and failing to complete the hand leaves us in a fragile situation.

When in doubt about how to behave with this hand the best option is to save chips, leave it to invest where you have the best conditions to win, where you will play your best game.

Take a look here https://www.cardschat.com/poker-hands/ will help you to choose better some starting hands.

If I am playing AK I will go Cbet on the flop practice every time, and if I am in late position, or playing against certain players I can bet on the turn and river, even without a made hand.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to be more cautious and put my cards aside, and I start to watch who I'm playing post-flop with, tight, loose, passive, aggressive and try to make the best decision