How to play AJo on the SB/BB

Nybala

Nybala

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If somebody open, am suppose to only call on this positions? Its other way to play this hand on this positions?

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the stage of the game, as well as its format.
Tournament, sit & go, cash... Not only position plays a role. But the stage in which the game takes place. In your question there is little initial data :rolleyes:

swoopdonk

swoopdonk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From the SB or BB in unraised pots, I usually call/limp. From the SB/BB in raised pots, I usually fold to a legitimate raise. Depending who the adversary is I might reraise if I consider I can steal it. :bandit:

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AJ is basically the very close relative to KQ. It looks really good but a lot of hands beat it. With that being said, if the opener is a tight player, it's an easy fold. If the opener opens a lot of hands, easy call or even 3-bet. If you're on the bubble, you can definitely fold it if you're trying to make it to the money.

Just a lot of different situations calls for different actions. There's no 100% right way to play the hand.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If somebody open, am suppose to only call on this positions? Its other way to play this hand on this positions?

In most cases, it will be right to raise a small 2BB or 2.5 BB.

Of course, this does not apply to tournaments and SnG in the bubble position. Here the size of the stack and your position in the standings are of great importance.