DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,
If you're playing only at the freerolls , and you trying to learn the poker :) you're a brave , but I want to tell to you at the freerolls is a lot of donkeys. They really didn't care with what card they joining on the bank , and I want to say is very hard to win an freeroll.
When you will feel that you're ready to play at real money , and then you will see it's a big difference.

M

MikeyE8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for a good hand and then call an all-in or shove yourself.

R

risky101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that when playing against low level players its easier to spot the crazy maniacs. They play every hand, usually i like to check call with my super nutted hands bc it keeps all their bluff in and they might fold if u bet bc u expect them to bluff alot.

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that when playing against low level players its easier to spot the crazy maniacs. They play every hand, usually i like to check call with my super nutted hands bc it keeps all their bluff in and they might fold if u bet bc u expect them to bluff alot.

I agree with you, but sometimes i get very confused with some actions of the newbies players, its really hard to get it, but when you realize that he is a begginer you start to profit a lot more.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against weak players can not play bluff. Play only on the map. Catch them on the bluff. Against donkeys than playing easier - the better.

This.

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm new here in the forum and I've been playing poker since the beginning of the year, but I started to study and read strategies more than 1 month ago. I play Freerolls to go improving my game, because I still do not feel prepared to play real money.

I'd advise biting the bullet, deposit and play for real money. Freerolls aren't representative when no one has anything at risk. You can play crazy when it costs you nothing.

I already got some tickets on Hubble's Freeroll and a few cents on other Freerolls. But one thing that bothers me a lot in these tournaments is the donkeys. How to play against them? Which hands to play? How to know when a donkey really has a strong hand?
Forget about doing anything "fancy" when playing Donks. You play fundamental, straight forward, ABC Poker against these types. Show 'em the best hand, that's all there is to it. Don't try plays that depend on thinking opponents when your opponents don't think. Don't worry about balancing ranges or being exploited. Believe me, these guys won't exploit even if they know what you're doing. They're donkeys.

"How to know when a donkey really has a strong hand?"

He goes all-in. That's another way to recognize a Donk quickly: their bet sizing is horrible and frequently inexplicable.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the most big problem in the donk is
Donk never follow the maths odds to act. they decide their move based on their mind setting.

and Donk act aggressive, makes it large variance.

So, follow the maths odds to do the +EV move and waiting for enough sample to get the results you want/expect. and do not lose your heart when the swing is too high, and get ready for the big swing against donk.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Donkeys play the way they want , with whatever cards they want , they call big bets and not according to odds , trying to bluff them is a bad move , their range is wide . So sometimes we lose to them , even we play right and by the rules and get knocked out from tours , but that's no reason to change the way we play . On the long run we win them .
So we play the good hands aggressively , we count on them calling with trash to the river and get their stack more times than the times we lose some chips . We are just carefull with no so strong hands . We take notes how aggressive/loose is every donkey on a table , especially in cash table , these notes will pay us in the future .

P

ParagonPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish that play very loose, you do the opposite. Tighten up, play premium hands and they'll probably call you with air.

S

Sacredoro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the most effective strategy is to use different tactics ( tight-agressive, loose agresive);being unpredictable is very huge advantage.

U

uready4dis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea just play your primo's and they probably will most like to call you unless if they get the donkey luck.

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The donkey dont last long enough to makes good at poker. So be more patient in early time at the game. Donkey is the worst because are there just to ripe your stack and try to beat anything anywhere. Tryto be a donkey in freeroll. Is funny is cheap and you seem to improve your game but is not the good path. Just play your game as best you can.

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tight style and more value bets - profit

B

bbiase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet for value with bigger sizes and take notes.

Avoid tilt. Know bad beats are coming.

glenn6971

glenn6971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold AA to their 96 suited everytime. J/K. Just have to pick your spots and play tight vs. them. Variance happens for a donk just as much as any other player. Eventually it catches up to them too.

G

greenscholar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm also playing a lot of freerolls to try and improve, and I've gone all in before at the start with AA or KK and come out second best to 96 etc... I've just tried to keep it tight, only play premium hands like most people have already said and build pots up against opponents when you feel confident :)

Zeimar Silva

Zeimar Silva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff against donkeys is hard to beat.
I always say that in freerolls earlygame is bingo. It's a suicide war of allin. Just after midgame poker happens to be poker, lol.

C

clsmokes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
playing freerolls against donks

you need to build a big stack early on otherwise you really dont have a chance henc e playing like a donk is required in mho my advice take chances and get lucky or drop out quickly

AceSticker

AceSticker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
donkeys are easy to play against. all you have to do is let them bet for you and when you have the "nuts" make them pay.

T

Tsyphon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish that play very loose, you do the opposite. Tighten up, play premium hands and they'll probably call you with air.

I agree, tighten up as much as possible. One donk I play with will play all pocket pairs no matter what the raise is; pocket 3's OOP to a 10xbb, sure why not. Sure the set is 1/7, but be careful without strong strong hands if you see this type of player, sometimes they hit those sets and get you. They can also hit really weird 2 pair on the flop coming in with 92 or 72 that with any other player you could safely discount as an impossibility. to your preflop raise or even limp. Donks do weird things, play tight and strong against them. Never bluff unless it's a semibluff and you have a strong draw.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best play against donkeys is text book poker. Bad beats happen but you should come out more often than not.

vlad1slaw

vlad1slaw

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont play in freerolls :) I am also interested in this issue, but play with best hands and without tilts, give +EV at the distance :)

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best tactic vs donkeys is tight style