How to play Aces

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think many misunderstand the information. Our friend decostryg says "I was in the beginning of the tournament and the village gave all in after my raise and won me with a pair of 2" means he had an ace (Ax) and the villain won with a pair of 2 Ask advice on how to play the Ace.

In this case decodtryg, I recommend you take into account your position, second that accompanies your ace, and third the bet. These parameters will make you play the ace differently every time you have them. The companions are very right when it comes to having AA you do not mind having many people at the table.

I hope you give us more details of your game and thus give you better advice.

70deda70

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All essence when the map of АА comes, to perform so that to collect a most bank and this bank to win. But at times АА grows into garbage and it is necessary to throw down them. Where logic and essence. And these all things are hidden in knowledge about a poker, to study, study and once again study!

froggeedogs

froggeedogs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a tournament I don't usually like to go all in early.

But if you have Aces, made a good raise and someone re-raises me all in I'm going to call every time because the odds are with me.

agree 100%

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no one way of playing aces, it all depends on how the table is. If people are generally raising with any cards then i'll consider going all in or raising 5 times the bb. If the table generally folds then you need to play AA very carefully or you risk everyone folding.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not forget that AA is not unbeatable. Preflop a good bet is 3/4BB and see what who stays in. Your next bet is dependent upon the flop and can vary from a raise, a check raise or anything you like.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop- around 5 BB just to remove weak hands.
Flop~river - depending on the the board, ill go all-in

H

helmutm

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
aa

that happens lose aa. especially at freerolls. anybody has an idea and it will works for him. but ofc pre-flop raise. 3bb or higher. depends how far u in the tournament....

S

sauleskid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Showing AA as little as possible with aggression so that I did not see a strong hand

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aces are the best starting hand, this doesn't always mean they finish the best obviously. I try to re-evaluate things thoroughly after the flop. It's key not to get married to aces or any hand post flop, especially when there's many hands that can and will beat you apparent. It is a great feeling winning with aces but we all know that's not always the outcome. It's also a great feeling making a good lay down with them. A good player has the ability to read well and realize he must fold.

almaihotz

almaihotz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all in preflop most of the time u will be payed by kk qq ak type hand even by low pair short stack deep in the tournament and if u r lucky and they dont get set u won with max value from that hand.:cool:

D

Dmutruu89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a pair of AA do not always mean victory.then you need to look at the situation.I agree that aggression should be on the flop.but do not just go all-in.sometimes there are moments that even AA is a pass

S

sauleskid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually miss the AA with no aggression

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would play it aggressively espescially on tables where players are loose and you have a couple maniacs playing as well. If you are in position on such a table you wont have to do much as im sure you'll be facing a 3/4bet by the time its your turn

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against a raiser or re-raiser I would go all-in. You don't want to go against too many players as one of them is bound to crack your aces. One on one is best. Too bad about those two's beating you but it'll happen, most times AA is good.

VinnyStrat

VinnyStrat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best way to play Aces?

In sets and boats!

J

johnathan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Over the long term Aces will profit if the fish decided to call you like that. You would love the call since you have 80% of doubling up

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A pair of assassins are playing very aggressively. Basically I play them around 2.5 raises before the flop or 3. Sometimes I raise the raise when the opponents have more to drive out some of them at least

C

C3H6S

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi men!!!!....dont slowly play AA!!!! ever ever ever!!!...raise 3 bb.... if other raise before u ...reraise or all in...because other crazzy player can pay

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on positioning and how the table has been playing... if im early to act I typically wont go over a 3x bb bet... If im late to act and someone raises before me ill pump 4-5 times their bet... No hand is invincible though, its gambling for a reason.