How to play with a big stack

Squanchy

Squanchy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I played a Freeroll in which 2000 people participated. When there were less than 300 I managed to be among the first 20 with more chips, playing in my opinion quite consistently. I do not know why but after that big rise, I started to deconcentrate and I think I made bad decisions, I ended up being eliminated a few minutes later. The tournament was not long either, it took just under two hours when this happened.

My question is: how you protect your big stack and also take advantage of it at a late stage of the tournament?
I can share the hands that made me lose, if that is helpful to analyze my situation.
Thank you.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not that easy to answer, for me it depends on the table.1. I have the force to call every donk, if I know he's one. But decent cards are necessary, at least pair >T or a strong Ace.
2. I have the patience to let the others play around and watch them and take my notes, while I'm waiting for my premium hand.
3. I have the power to bully smaller stacks out, or steal the blinds in other words, but this really depends on the table and stage (ITM, bubble)

2. with occasionally 3 (NOT ALL-IN!!!) should be best to try for you at the beginning.

Don't forget, it's all about the chips, and 90% of the players love them. If you have them, you are a target for many players.

BlackMamba

BlackMamba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At a late stage of the tournament with a big stack you should play more aggressive. Bubble you passed and that means that you have already received part of the prize. If you do call a bet then you need to play strongly on the flop. At the final table, study your opponents. You have more time for this. You should not play with an average hand. When playing alone you have to play more than 50% of the hands.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
The big stack is quite heavy, it is done with hard work and hard work. Everyone wants to take a piece of you, so the big stack should play as a big stack, not as a "charity foundation".

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep playin, try tp do better in each game... you will do well....
See ya, at the tables....

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The main purpose, the owner of a large stack, must be to attack rivals, which set of options in dealing with you is limited. If you need to put the table with an impressive stack player, do not get involved with him in the "fight", as this can lead to very dire consequences. Bank with the participation of the holders of large stacks can quickly reach enormous proportions. The player who can seriously damage your position clearly does not come first in the list of potential targets pressure, pressure and possible bluffs.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The advice below is good, but to answer the question of why, it's possible you got an adrenaline rush and anti-tilt threw you off your game.