rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Hi there

This is one of those marginal hands I’m not sure whether to play more often or not. They are part of the nut straight so they have some value. I’m leaning more towards playing in only on the button and fold it in any other position. And then always playing it when suited.

Two questions:
1. Generally speaking, do you have any specific rules in your range for J 10?
2. Does suited vs off-suited make a difference to you?

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I still have a lot of limitation with range, but I'm studying more and more and trying to open as much as I can profitably, I believe that off would be very rare, but the same suit should compose the opening range of several positions.

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a personal thing with this hand, I can't say why... but it's one of my least favorite hands to play.
I usually play if I'm on the cut off or on the button and the table is folded and it will still depend on the players on my left, so I think I'll play with it. 😁
But I think I need to review this urgently, after all, poker is a risky game, and if we don't take risks, we can't progress in the game.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I play them quite often actually, especially suited but sometimes unsuited to in position, that's, of course, at cash tables, rush tables etc. In tournaments, it depends where I'm standing but if I can see the flop cheap and maybe get a cheap turn or even river, I take them all the way. It's a good bluffing hand to, depending on what's out there. But it all depends on how confident you are in your abilities. Poker is not all about making hands all the time. Of course, j10 is a speculative hand, which can be advantageous in certain situations but if not played correctly, it's easy to read. At least, that's what I think. Dangerous.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As this is a really medium hand, as it was said speculative, I'm playing it when the board or my game allow to. J10 acting not so good against a 3-bet tho, especially when we are out of position, so most of the times this hand can be opened from HJ.
It's really stronger if it's suited. If it's not, it's very hard to making a valuable action with them, so unsuited J10 only good for blind-stealing from SB or BTN, while suited one actually able to hit the flop in a better shape, and chase the flush sometimes as well (as long as its reasonable, same goes to chasing the straight with it).

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Suited I might play it, off suit not so happy with that.
BUT as always it depends………… on BB, Table agression, blind levels, position and what have happend untill its my turn.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi there

This is one of those marginal hands I’m not sure whether to play more often or not. They are part of the nut straight so they have some value. I’m leaning more towards playing in only on the button and fold it in any other position. And then always playing it when suited.

Two questions:
Some of the players who participate in Cardschat freerolls think that :js4::10d4:is a monster hand, so much so that I saw a player call allin early in the tournament with :jh4::10h4:.
For Cardschat freerolls there is no range and position at the table, guys call allin, reise, 3bet and 4bet with any connected cards, mainly those of the same suit.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there

Two questions:
Well for me I only play them suited. They just don't seem to work for me any other way

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If it fits, open from any position and accept the opponent's promotion. If otherwise, if no one raises, then I call.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
At a 23-max tables Jts this would be the hand with the highest potential odds ))

At the time of the beginning of Brunson's game, when the theory of poker had not yet been created, this hand (Jts) was considered the strongest :D

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Suited is playable while unsuited isn't. The hand is for more intermediate players that have the discipline to know when to bail and when to put money into a pot depending on several factors like opponent type, your position, action etc. You can hit a monster with the straight and flush draw but if you overplay it like a drawing hand with nasty boards then you're going to bleed money with it big time.

Winning players know how to play this suited hand but if you have problems turning a profit with stuff like basic pairs or baby pairs then I wouldn't worry about the JT suited for awhile. You're going to get wrecked going too far with it either preflop in the wrong spots, having the bad kicker with zero discipline, playing lower flushes. I mean, you're just going to hurt yourself, lol.

There are specific guidelines and you can win a lot with that hand especially going after the straight in spots with a ace on a board and someone you know has the ace but most folks need to worry about a lot more basic stuff. That hand is known for winning big pots but you have to know the spots and the conditions for it.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
TJ off or suited can be a joker if you use right. Most players from micro games dont know how to play with that hand or against.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
JTo I only play from CO or later. JTs can be played from any position but should be a partial from alot of the earlier positions. Personally I love this hand as it flops so well and can cooler so many hands when it makes the nut straight

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I usually play JTo in position with a call on a raise.

If I'm the first raise at the table then I prefer to play JTs, but up to MP1.

I also usually defend the BB with these cards, except when the raise is more than 3x.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
there is a huge difference between S and O so S you will play from 5 positions and above and O from 7 positions and above I play like this so the difference here is huge if I'm passive guys, then I can open J10o from 5 positions and I do this very rarely if I'm sure that my opponents are very passive

serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
I almost always play them. Except when an opponent goes all in. Because it's my favorite hand.

P

plusia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play it only if from small or big blind position,and only if the opening is low

Stringy

Stringy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
suited i will play in a few positions and maybe call a very low raise, offsuit will depends on a lot of other criteria

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JTs in the early and middle position - fold, in the late position, if everything is reset-raise, if there was 1 call, we also call

with J 10, it's about the same, if there was a raise, we reset, at a late position, a raise if everything was reset

this is according to the table