How often do situations occur when you got a full house and were able to fold ?

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How often do situations occur when you got a full house and were able to fold ? Strong combinations are hard to reset relying only on the reading of the opponent.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think i have ever folded a full house.

V

Vlad Savchenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, the most often spot that I can think of is a "full-house" on a board like 77793 as a preflop caller against heavy agression.
Then there are rare boards with 1 to a straight-flush and also some spots with bottom full-houses while playing deep-stacked.

Anyway, full-houses are pretty strong, so you don't have to fold them all that often :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand strength is always relative, and its common sense, that you should not look to play a very big pot with 22 on AKJJJ board, even though you technically have a full house. Its actually a hand, you might even turn into a bluff trying to get a better pocket pair or a K to fold.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Omaha it is very common that two players have full house and the higher one wins.
Fortunately not in Texas Holdem.
I would fold if my triple is 666 or below and there is a chance that someone has a better one. for example 66 in hand and on the table AA6JK, but that would depend on betting.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Depending on the board's cards, if there are superior combinations, you have to think very well and have a clear vision of the opponent, especially if the villain goes all in.

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the full house comes from a set (say I'm holding 22 and the flop comes 882) I'm probably not laying it down. That said, if an 8 comes up on the turn, suddenly your boat is counterfeit and at risk of losing to any other pocket pair. If you don't fold in this case... be prepared to get stacked. This happened to me a few days ago

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Not very often, a couple examples:
when there is a Straight Flush treat or If you hold a week FH in a potential better FH, say you get 22 and the board is so far AA2K_, in such cases an aggressive player might be a lot better FH than yours :boxing:

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold full house when got the pushes vs ~5% WTSD and when I made the FH only with 1 my card)

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would love to answer this question but would like more detail.... mainly are you mad at a hand not being able to lay down? cause thats poker .... i lost to quads sunday two times with flopped boats ..... and that should make you happy that you lost to such great hands so you had a hand yourself but all loses HURT

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only folded full house a couple of times when I got a re-raise on the river. But the opponent showed cards and I saw four of a kind sometimes.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the full house comes from a set (say I'm holding 22 and the flop comes 882) I'm probably not laying it down. That said, if an 8 comes up on the turn, suddenly your boat is counterfeit and at risk of losing to any other pocket pair. If you don't fold in this case... be prepared to get stacked. This happened to me a few days ago

In general a higher pair on the board is a bit of a 2-edged sword for a set. You dont need to worry about losing to a straight or flush, but it does create some bigger boats, that can be more or less likely. On 8829A for instance, AA, 99, A8, 98 and 82 all made a better boat. So depending on, how the action went down, maybe you dont always have to stack off with 22.

Ot to take a more extreme example, where you called a 3-bet with 88, and the board runs out AQ8KA. This board absolutely smash the 3-bettors range, and if he is a nitty guy, or you are deep, folding could be a reasonable option on the river.

If on the other hand the pair is lower than your set, like having 88 on 8229A, then you only lose to 99 and AA, and I would pretty much never fold for 100BB or less.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got staked in a big tourney & ran into quads he had 77 I flopped the boat with 66 & he bet the whole way & I reraised flop & called each street, in hindsight I could have folded but due to the crazy plays in the small-low stakes I'm never making this fold but may be I should stop playing these stakes for this very reason once I get the roll to move up, that is lll

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets say I hold KK and caling Nits 3bet. Board comes AAKQX.

Ussualy in situations where you can narrow villains hand very exact.

P

pacificatorul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
99% I'm not folding full house, unless I have a read on the villain that he beats me. But usually you will see them with trips there, maybe flushes or straights, even top pair or air. Depending on the opponent

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
If we are talking NLHE then a couple of times when it was painfully obvious to no mistake I had a smaller boat.

In PLO, it happens more often and its not such a rarity.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's depending on the board and my hand. I play micro tourneys, so the only way to fold any time in the tourney on river, if I have a pair, example 99 and the board is JJ9KK. very rarely happens. Sometimes, in the bubble of the FT, I can for boards like 9JAKK, if the opponent re-re-raised.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's depending on the board and my hand. I play micro tourneys, so the only way to fold any time in the tourney on river, if I have a pair, example 99 and the board is JJ9KK. very rarely happens. Sometimes, in the bubble of the FT, I can for boards like 9JAKK, if the opponent re-re-raised.
Micro tournaments allow you to go all the way in difficult situations because their bad kick won't upset you too much. But imagine that you managed to throw out a full house and the opponent showed his nuts. You will feel like a master hand reader. This feeling is much more important than winning.:icon_rr:

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this comes down to what type of player you are playing against. Against a NIT, if the board runs out in his range which would counterfeit my full house and they jam on me, I am folding. Example. Villian opens UTG and I make the call on CO with 66 and we are heads up. The flop is QQ6, he bets I call, flop is K again he bets I call, and river is another K and he jams. That is a fold to me as he has most of the Kx, Qx and KK, QQ hands in his range.
If they are a LAG type player and play way to many hands post flop, then I would rarely every fold the full house and their playing range would give you the proper odds to make the calls, even though you will be beat some of the time.

NickeLine22

NickeLine22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never, because the chances that the opponent has a better hand are very small.But in 6+ holdem easy fold.)))

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never, because the chances that the opponent has a better hand are very small.But in 6+ holdem easy fold.)))

That depends on the board texture. If you have 77 on AK7KA, you are beat by any hand with an A or K, and if you never fold, its almost certainly a big leak in your game :)

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fullhouse/Fold

I have folded many times with a fullhose which by the way is no easy task. Which ever player has the weaker card would normally fold but some are stubborn . Plus you have to count the bluffing going on so if you are not sure just fold Capo1014

rusyamingazov

rusyamingazov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold fullhouses in desk like 2 3 3 5 5, when i had A3 for example, in other causes i never fold that hand(

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have folded many times with a fullhose which by the way is no easy task. Which ever player has the weaker card would normally fold but some are stubborn . Plus you have to count the bluffing going on so if you are not sure just fold Capo1014
Many people do not fold without even having a pair, I often encounter people who shove chips on the table without strengthening their hand (AK) on the flop. On the one hand this is good for me but there are times when they get a pair on the river and it's unpleasant)

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But I reset if there is a chance that the opponent has a senior fullhouse. You need to look at the cards on the table and if you do not have NATs then you need to play carefully.

Folding in Poker