HOW not to be aggressive?)

EvaQueen777

EvaQueen777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, this topic is about how not to be led by players' aggression. We all know that there are several types of players.
How do you play aggressive? Can you fold two aces? How to stop stealing the blinds? What do you think about this?:D:confused:

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know If I understand exactly what you are asking. We have a lot of decisions to make when we are playing poker, and we can play with more aggression, or passive.

When you play with aggression you take the decisions, you will lead the game actions, your opponents will need to play with caution, or try to be more aggressive.

When you think about play more passive, you need to take a lot of things in mind, first you will not be passive all the time, and any aggression can be read by the villains, and with can help you a lot, using a solid image to steal and bluff.

I usually don't will fold AA preflop, except when I'm in a satelite tournament, and have enough chips to win, cause calling with AA against many players can make me lose, sometimes you can just sitout and wait to the finish.

Stealing the blinds will be good for you, you will need to make this in the tournament, but when someone make a lot of this against you, you can use a close range to defend your blinds. Some players just goes allin to steal the blinds, when they are on the HJ, BT or SB, you can call with a good hand, but with careful, some players know that you can call, and will shove the top of their range too.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
If you think you can play poker without ever being aggressive then good luck with that :hmmmm2:

EvaQueen777

EvaQueen777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know If I understand exactly what you are asking. We have a lot of decisions to make when we are playing poker, and we can play with more aggression, or passive.

When you play with aggression you take the decisions, you will lead the game actions, your opponents will need to play with caution, or try to be more aggressive.

When you think about play more passive, you need to take a lot of things in mind, first you will not be passive all the time, and any aggression can be read by the villains, and with can help you a lot, using a solid image to steal and bluff.

I usually don't will fold AA preflop, except when I'm in a satelite tournament, and have enough chips to win, cause calling with AA against many players can make me lose, sometimes you can just sitout and wait to the finish.

Stealing the blinds will be good for you, you will need to make this in the tournament, but when someone make a lot of this against you, you can use a close range to defend your blinds. Some players just goes allin to steal the blinds, when they are on the HJ, BT or SB, you can call with a good hand, but with careful, some players know that you can call, and will shove the top of their range too.
Thanks for the valuable information.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

H

HerbPuffer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, this topic is about how not to be led by players' aggression. We all know that there are several types of players.
How do you play aggressive?:confused:
Bet, bet, and bet again. If you're first in the pot, raise, never limp. Don't call unless set-mining or trying to get fancy w/suited connectors. Don't give free or cheap cards to opponents. Did I mention betting?

Can you fold two aces?
PF? Only in a satellite, post-flop, very easily.

How to stop stealing the blinds?
This one I can't help you with. I am a kleptomaniac when it comes to blinds. Big and small, I want them all.

What do you think about this?:D:confused:
All depends on why you are asking. Do you have these problems and are trying to be a little less aggressive? Are you trying to learn aggression? A happy medium?

You want to have a tighter range when being aggressive a lot of thre time as well. If you're limping 97 just because you have a suited gapper, that's not a hand you want to be raising with all that often.

Hope this helps.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're aggressive it's not a bad game style if you interject tight as well. If you have a good hand, you have to play it aggressively to win as many pots as possible. But you have to pay attention to your opponents' style of play and sometimes you can switch to avoid being recognizable.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that aggression requires skill and experience of the player. I prefer a more patient and conservative game. I just follow a strategy that has been making me a profit for years.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Generally speaking, in poker...

Aggression > Passivity

If you are a passive player you will need to learn to incorporate aggression into your game if you wish to progress and succeed.

This doesn't mean you have to be a hyper-LAG, but you can't just call down or fold all the time.

You need to put pressure on your opponents sometimes too.

When we're playing tournament poker, 80-90% of the time, we don't get dealt AA, KK, AK and QQ frequently enough to just wait for those hands...

You'll bleed out.

A good balance is key and great general rule is you want to be doing the opposite to the rest of the table...

The table is playing tight - you play loose.

The table is playing loose - you play tight.

Hope this helps!