How much $ is too much

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play only with spare money what u can afford to lose. And if u lose continous u should learn the game first by reading some good poker book, watching videos and checking hand history. Variance will make u lose from time to time , so stop the session at a point u defined before the start.
fully agree

E

everythingspear

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Words of wisdom in this thread.

However, for me the limit goes at 1 K. I have set that limit a long time ago and still stick to it. I've lost that much twice and at those points I've taken a step back and analyzed what I'm doing and if I am at all to continue playing. I've come to the conclusion that with this limit, I have been able to make bank, which at the end of the day is what matters when it comes to poker for me.

http://cashinpoker.com/how-to-play-poker.html

Last edited by a moderator:
edik2202

edik2202

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So here is an interesting question/topic...

How much money do you guys think is TOO MUCH to lose? In other words if you lost x amount of money, would you stop playing entirely? What would you do? Would you limit yourself? What amount of money lost would tell you that you just are not good enough at poker to be playing for money?

10% of my bankroll ... In this case, I stop and just continue to play the next day!

dudemanstan

dudemanstan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in one wid i wached poker pros answering this. it was something from 10k - 100k awerage.
Yeah I saw that wid :) If I was down that much I'd quit, but I will never be down, for the fact that I am just way to good :eek:

D

dumpy620_84

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends really on the person. Cause i've lost a ton in just one hand before and yes I quit playing for a couple of weeks but I eventually came back.

S

superstar9123

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on how much money you can afford to lose would be my guess. The more money someone makes, the more money they can afford to lost. Not to mention people take losses differently. Losing $500 could be a lot for one person and nothing for the next. Depends on the person.