Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Studying poker for me varies from week to week. There are weeks I may only study 1/2 hour and others it can be 8-10 hours. It not necessary the volume you do daily or weekly as long as you do the studying long term. Its also the type of studying you are doing. Watching a hour or 2 a day of a training video aimlessly will not help much. Watching a hour long training video over 2 days and then looking at your hand history over a 2 week span for way to implement and improve and see what you misses or could have done is priceless. Most people think of study and improvement as a instantaneous thing and it is not. To truly improve your game takes a lot of effort.

S

silversun87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! As I interact with other players the more I realize that there are few who study and fewer who do it conscientiously.
I plan to become professional at some point so for my part and at this moment I dedicate 80% to studying and 20% to playing.
So, I'd like to know, in the Cardschat pack, how much do people study? How many hours do you spend with the solver or the icmizer (for example)?

How is that working out for you so far?
I'm doing the opposite actually since I started taking poker seriously this year. I do about 20% study and 80% play in a day in order to actually practice what I study and not forget it. I think it's counter productive to fill your head at once with a lot of information and then expect to use it all when you go to the table. For me taking a gradual approach is best.

Last edited: