How to master poker hand ranges ?

F

Fida

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the most efficient way and tools to learn and understand ranges for a beginner ?

A

acenit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing a lot, and lots and lots of confidence. It takes time to get good like anything else

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
On the Internet in the search you can find a lot of "starting hands table for MTT" !!! I think they will be useful for beginners in poker !!!

Attachments

• Безымянный.jpg
    Безымянный.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 30
deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, play play and play again. This is the only way to improve your skill.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By the position from which they play AND open their hands, the players and their style of play define what type of hands are in their range, but if you want to study the range of hands for you to play from different positions at the table, you should search the internet for the poker hand range tables starting hands and so you learn a bit about hand ranges.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the most efficient way and tools to learn and understand ranges for a beginner ?

It's going to take lots of time and dedication to learn. There are tons of resources for you to use for such a thing.

First thing is first - use preflop opening range charts to gauge ranges - if you think you're pretty well familiar with standard opening ranges then you are already one step ahead.

Take a program like equilabs or flopzilla - and run your hand/range on a certain flop vs that range - you do this exercise enough you will see patterns. You will start to know who has the range advantage in certain spots - bet sizing and post flop action should give you tells and help you narrow villans ranges down -- villans float flops for smaller bets (keeps them wide) while larger bets often polarize villans and will effectively narrow their continuing ranges very quickly.

Lots of subject matter on ranging villans - but to become good at it, you will have to put in the work and do your exercises - there are no short cuts to becoming good at this.

CKALLDAY

CKALLDAY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’d suggest to first master position and then you’ll he able to understand how they apply to ranges based on where people are the table.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I've found that personally the best way to learn hand ranges is to have flash cards, or the ability to check each chart in each spot with ease.

Fortunately training sites like Raise Your Edge, Poker Coaching, Upswing (and I'd have to imagine Run it Once) all have "range viewers" which allow you to do this.

Lately I've really committed to improving my ranges and of them all I found the pokercoaching premium preflop charts tool to be the very best.

You can get a half price 1st month here: http://pokercoachingoffer.com (it also includes a bunch of tournament training programs as a bonus)

Take a month, work with those charts, study them, learn them, try to memorize and test yourself, and I think you'll find in a month you've learned a ton.

And if after that 30 days you got what you wanted, just cancel the membership :)

It's about 5% of what it would cost to get access to similar charts on other sites (since most of them require you to invest in a $1k training program to get access to the ranges)

Hope that helps!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands