how many tournament do you win per week?

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to get through on top in tournament ? how many tournament do you win on top per week ? I m try to win 2 or 3 per week , do you figure out any strategy for get it ?

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Greatly depends on how often you are playing and what kind of "tournament." Sit n Go's you might win more often (and smaller games like that), but if by "tournament" you mean an MTT then I don't think how many wins in a week is a practical measure. Live poker pros probably have a successful year (or survive financially) if they win just one or two big events per YEAR, so a wins per week isn't practical.

Even in online freerolls, many players have never won. I've been playing freerolls exclusively on CardsChat for about 6 months to a year now and I feel like I have good success learning so far. I've won about 3 or 4 freerolls, but I think this is more than most who haven't been playing for years. Granted, I don't always play everyday (and I'm also greatly limited in site selection because I live in the USA with many online poker sites unavailable to me), but why not just try out some games for a month or two and see how you are doing? :)

p.s. By "tournament" I am not counting 9-player Sit n Go's and small things like this because those you might win more often; I don't even keep track for those; in part because I play them mostly on pokerstars.net for playchips.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very much. I try not to miss every good freeroll and additionally play tourneys with buy-ins about $0.5 — 2.0 (it happens almost every day).

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a difference between getting in the money and winning that should be considered. Many people can get ITM a few times a week. That just means they have their plan and follow it. Winning takes far more than just skill. Getting to the final table takes skill, cards at the right time, making the right folds, and several bits of luck for those to happen. Now, depending on the competition, where you and variance happen to be at a particular time, and how your mood is, a normal tournament win is probably a few times a year at most. Some people have a little better luck some years. Major tournaments are counted in there after you get your first one. It is a rare thing for someone to be able to do what Phil Helmuth does or Stu Unger did.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... what I play the most are the carschat tournaments .... and per week I get to enter prizes in 3 or 4 tournaments. and of those 3 or 4 at least I manage to reach the final table in 1 ... so from my perspective I do it well ...

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I have to win the victory once per 2 days-per 3 days.

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best strategy is to play a good game and the winnings may not come in the week, but they will definitely be!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not have such statistics, and therefore it is difficult for me to answer you, but nevertheless my bankroll is steadily growing and I am very happy about it.
.... but in general I think that you can't plan in such detail that it doesn't always depend on you.

KasyakoFF

KasyakoFF

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is more correct to ask how many tournaments you win in a year)) the first place in a major tournament is not so easy to take even for professionals

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I dont think it would be possible to win consistently any amount of tournaments a week. Depending on the size of the tournaments you play and how many you play a week you might be better of asking how many per year can you realistically win. I do happen to play a lot of poker. Last year somewhere about 400+ tournaments. One has on average of 7-800+ players in it and I played it over 100+ time this year. Realistically I should win it once every 7-8 years due to size and variance. The other had 100-200 players on average. so I should win 2 or 3 a year there. I find a good year as winning 3+ tournaments.