How many player's really use odd's when playing?

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've watched videos read books and found the odds very from player to player along with the way they apply the odds.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just play for the enjoyment. I am not into calculating odds for each hand. That would take too much time, and take away from the fun of the game. After all what are the odds that if you have AA at the start and some bimbo with 2 n 7 off suit goes in that he will win ? I do not know the actual odds but I do know that bimbo will beat me more often than not

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've watched videos read books and found the odds very from player to player along with the way they apply the odds.

Most players understand the basic math

When looking at pot odds this is very important

With implied odds it's a little tougher as it's hard to know if you'll get paid in full

Generally as long as you tend to underestimate your implied odds you'll be making solid money in the long run. With pot odds however, yes, most people use the exact odds. :drunken_s

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost all

I think that all the regulars on the circuit should use the odds, it is basic for this game, you cannot play it without knowing it, the calculation of outs and pot odds is basic. I think the only players who shouldn't use it are the fish and recreational players who think it's a game of chance

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator