How many hours a week do you need to play to professionalize poker?

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is advisable to play and study at least 25 hours a week.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
As a pro, I played at least 35-40 hours a week and studied or analyzed 1-2 hours a day on top of that.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it is advisable to play and study at least 25 hours a week.
Each player has his own characteristics, his style of play, his preferences, results and statistics. There are probably players for whom 20-25 hours a week is enough, but in my opinion, this is not enough. If for you poker is a full-fledged source of income, then you should spend time on the game as well as on any other job. On average, the length of a working week in hours is approximately 40 hours.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the higher the stakes, the more you need to study.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think an average of 20 to 30 hours a week

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree with the friend who suggested 40 hours a week. The ideal is to leave a good part of this time to study your hands and other prominent hands to help understand the dynamics of the game. If you play with the same players, take time to study them too.

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
One tournament, that's three to five hours..... and no one stops there) On the cash 2 hours... In the chat to look around... that's already 6 hours).... 40 hours a week is for me, and the pros probably need even more ? ) Literature, analyzing, playing...moving around....