How to learn ranges and its appication effectively

O

Ortwin1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

how do learn your ranges quick and effectiveky to apply properly ingame?

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
You construct your range, depending your style. You can download equilab and play around with it to have an idea about the ranges at each position. Then you adapt it to your play.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally I started here Jennifear Push or Fold Chart No Ante 10% Antes 12.5% Antes 20% Antes

Then run my game play through equilab and change asI feel I need. I found this to be a lot easier when I teamed up with people that knew a lot more than I did, and showed me where my faulty reasoning came from.

Then check various pushfold charts from Jonathan little and other pros you can find in order to see what suits you. And realize the charts are a starting point not set in stone. You will also want to check icmizer and learn ICM. Just realise there is still another level that will take some time to understand which is PIO, but that is over my head. But I like watching videos of others utilizing it.

BTW Jonathon little has charts for many scenarios not just push fold

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

try to work with programs - this is the fastest way + now there is a lot of free poker content (including this topic) look on YouTube

E

emzadii

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can perhaps start with Matt Affleck's easy tutorial on ranges (via Jonathan Little's Pokercoaching) at:

The ranges he discussed are good starting points.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Learning ranges is great but do not become locked into them. My ranges can vary night to night and table to table as my ranges can become tighter or looser depending on the table I am playing against.

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you do not change the ranges, your game will be predictable, and you will not be able to squeeze the maximum.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

if you start with GTO ranges you can get a very quick idea of what to open in each position at several stack depths--- what to 3 bet and when and what your villains will call you with- Then you adapt your ranges to how your villains play in game--- simple example A5s is a 3 bet shove sometimes in GTO but VS a player who only opens AA KK QQ AK you would call or fold never shove

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, follow what is written in the book. While playing, you will understand that the book and reality are different. Then fix it.