How to learn mtt strategy

R

RaionAtlas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, I am Ash and i am a newcomer in Cardschat (Love it already!)
I started playing poker when i was in highschool (I am in my late 20's) but never really took the strategy aspect of the game seriously. Now times have changed and i really feel super motivated to bring my poker skills to the next level. I decided to only focus on Mtts and start from micro stakes with a long term goal of playing high stakes mtts one day.
My question is, Stake by stake, which resources and tools would you recommend to implement in the learning process in order to climb the stakes. Thanks in advance and goodluck on tables! :)

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Now a lot of players are streaming their game. See how winning players play on your MTT limit. Read articles on poker sites and forums.

W

waizingpoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play alot

Obviously its expirience over all, but yes watching streams is very helpfull but it only takes you that far, og you are really serious abt. Poker right now you should really read alot about new shcool poker. Og isnt easy but ret to seek out pros and ask about good learning sites, mayb Even invest in a membership on 1 or 2 good learning sites, to get fully prepared for mtts and the theory. Best of luck from here.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my MTT strategy is basically simple, at the beginning of the tournament I start very conservatively opening few hands, without getting involved in big pots.

when it's getting close to the bubble, if I'm good with chips, I really appreciate the other players.

in the final part I try to be more aggressive making more 3-bets and try to read the opponents much better.

And I also analyze the tournament cash if it is in my favor.

C

CrushAce8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All of the above are good instructions!

Ultimately, your own experience defines what is the best playing strategy for you - although certain basic principles might apply to everyone of us!

Good luck!

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to take a young fighter course

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I agree with everything mentioned above, most specifically your own experience. Find a mtt you like and play it often. Most importantly have fun!

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I accept. good luck.
However, there are times when you can get a tournament strategy from a cash game.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can find useful things here on Cradschat.
For example, the "Cardschat Training Course" is a great opportunity for improvement.
Also for MTTs, it is a good idea to adjust the level steps so that you are comfortable.
This can be a bankroll of, say, 100 (and or 200) tournaments, because MTTs have a large variance.
Good luck.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Put your * on the wall and pray for a very good hand.