How to learn and improve my game

T

tihon1024

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone! I am new and only get to know poker, please tell me what is the best way to start learning and improving your game. Thanks to all.;)

D

djsviga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a lot of info and out there on the internet, look for "strategy" on poker sites, there are some out there that are only about strategies, watch a lot of videos, talk about hands with yr friends and practice a lot, a good way to "see" a lot of hands is play online poker, a lot of sites have freerolls, go ahead and start grinding them and always keep studying at the same time. GL!

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well hello and welcome to cards chat:0) you could always read up on some poker books :0) but one of the best ways to learn is to get your feet wet:0) just sit at a table and start playing make sure you play at a play money table first:0) most poker games are always the best five cards:0) good luck out there

T

tihon1024

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker literature

This is all clear, but I still want to clarify about the poker literature, please tell me what is better to read))

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi welcome to cardschat! Here in the forum has lots of articles about poker,we have odds calculator and professional players too.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
watch know super winners like Phil Galfond play on videos and explain his mentality during the game.. DO NOT DO what they do on T.V without loosening up naturally from studying and experience.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learn, understand, and be able to the execute the basic fundamentals first.

J

jofieloviedo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be patient and do your best

The best way to imrpove your poker game is practice and more practice, try to do your best, have self confident and believe in yourself. play too much hand and know yours stats.

watch videos, read a poker's book and if you can pay for a coach that can really help you to improve your games. Is really important to get real and good information cause you need to know which hands you can really play and which hands you should not play due to your position on the poker table.

you will lose money and have a lot of failures but that's really important to improve your game just learn form those mistakes and study hard.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

The best way to learn poker is reading According to Hoyal. Hoyal Doyal Brunson. It an old strategic boo with many games in it. Why are money games just limited to poker.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although poker is an easy game to learn, it can also create situations of extreme complexity, in which less experienced players can easily lose.
There are some basic poker strategies that you should follow if you are a beginner.
Here are some tips:
Do not throw your whole hand, Hide your cards, Do not exceed your financial limits, (this is of the utmost importance) Avoid playing when you're not well, Know when to stop.
By following these basic rules, your game is sure to be profitable, good luck at the tables.

Cherepashkakry

Cherepashkakry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Work on your weaknesses in the game. Just tell yourself how good your 3bt range is. If not sure, work on improving it. And so look at all aspects.

If you have money, find a trainer with a trainer training will go faster.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The internet has an enormous amount of poker information that will help improve your game and bring it to a high level. I also recommend books and watch the game professionals. But the best and most effective way to skill, in my opinion, is this one or another poker school or personal trainer.

Kavaleits

Kavaleits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read books, search for information on the Internet, analyze your own and other players games, watch educational poker videos and don't forget about bankroll management.​

T

tihon1024

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Friends, thank you very much for the advice!

T

tihon1024

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's start learning! Good luck to all))

N

nomorkevm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone! I am new and only get to know poker, please tell me what is the best way to start learning and improving your game. Thanks to all.;)

Continuous study is vital to poker success. The internet is the best place on earth for fast information. Seek out free online tips from seasoned pro's both old and new. YouTube is an excellent source for valuable information for all skill levels. :)

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A little theory, read a couple of books about poker, and of course practice, the more you play, the more you gain experience, learn from your own and other people's mistakes.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Poker pal!
I think the best way for improving your game you have to invest in yourself.
Save money and hire a coach or buy a subscription in a good poker academy.
If you don't have money you can learn the fundamentals here . This site has very good information about the game.
And the most important you have to have disciplined and studying every day if you can.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching YouTube videos and twitch streamers, read online articles and books. Practice with play money. Find a coach or join discord group if you can.

Good luck.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Watch other poker players :) see what they do, Twitch streams are a great resource.

Doyle Brunson has a great book on poker strategy you could probably get from the Library.

It's good to know Hand Strengths as well, and try not to play so many hands that aren't considered Top 10s.

Cheers!

Good luck

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You can start by reading books. Harrington on Holdem would be the books I would start with. Next I would look for Threads to read in Cardschat. The next thing is to play and play some more. You will learn more playing poker than anything else. I hope this helps you out. Good luck to you and will see you at the tables.

Ropa

Ropa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Know hand ranking, never forget them, make decisions what hands to play and what not. Try to calculate outs etc. You can watch streams, read alot forums but if you are totally beginner poker player i suggest you to start with play money. And try to participate in as many freerolls as you can. Not worth depositing your own money when your starting poker player.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to improve your game: learn to control yourself and pile session.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
the pokerstars poker school has a lot of information for a beginner..gl!

Top 10 Games