you need to constantly play and not be distracted from the game

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think staying focused is one of the hardest things in poker. If you manage to control those you will be halfway to being a great player.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always make sure I get some exercise during breaks, drink enough and get enough sleep.
That way, I always have the feeling that I'm paying attention. If I just sat in front of the PC for hours like a zombie, it would probably look different.
The key is balance here in my opinion.

When I'm stressed or have too many other things going through my head, I tend to make mistakes because I'm not fully focused.
Breathing exercises could probably also help to reset the focus.

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is a big problem when playing poker because whenever you have bad hands then we start to lose concentration when playing and we go into tilt, one of the best tips is to listen to music

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
being rested is important, especially if you want to play a long session or a MTT. This means, not being tired, had enough drinks and food or at least something to grab during a break. And do not get distracted by your smartphone or TV or whatever. Try to focus on what happens on your table. This may take a while but after a while you will be focussed.

Madalin Poke

Madalin Poke

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Go for a running session before you enter in action. Not to be in good shape when you play poker, but because you have to get rid of the tension in your body and mind before going to a tournament that may exhaust you.

Sport in general and especially running before an important tournament will help you to oxygenate your body very well and to be very efficient when you make important decisions. Running will set your blood in motion, activate your body and make you feel very energetic and invigorated. Every time you finish a running session you have to be very careful not to need to get hydrated. This should be part of your own diet every day and especially on tournament day.

Wish you all a good day!

Madalin Poke

Madalin Poke

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I have another one. I usually put some relaxing blues or jazz music in the background. As long as I'm focused on the game and all the events that happen at the game table, I will have no reason to not listen some good music. Even at live poker as long as it covers the background noise and you don't get disturbed by the noise of a crowd or the chips that can be heard throughout the room you will be more than focused. And some players even manage to calm down when listening to music. It works for me.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have found that if i get a little impatient, or overly aggressive, that it will cause me to lose focus.as most of us have said, patience will go a long way in improving your game.

T

teofudulea

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
drink water and listen to music if you like

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, it is necessary to be positively disposed, not to try to force an event, not to be on the opinion in making a decision, to choose your own discipline.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
You are in charge of what you focus on. If you refuse to consciously and independently set the focus, the wandering mind begins to attract attention to everything with a minus sign.

Reail

Reail

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Try to eliminate all distractions as much as possible. Music in the background even helps

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if there is something distracting, it is also necessary to practice concentrating without being conscious of it.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The thing thats funny about this is there is so much you can learn even playing one table you should really never get board or loose focus. Just learning about other players should keep you very busy in the games.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most important thing is not to drink alcohol, then it would be patience and last but not least to know that pairs or big cards do not always win.

V

vogeledu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eliminate all distractions, and drink lot of water

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
faça uma oração, e não jogue as mãos ruins.