How to induce bluffing?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to know what are the best situations to make my opponent bet. Sometimes I have a good hand, but I can't get many chips out.

What actions can I take and with what types of hands can I do this?
Ok the factors that must be present for us to induce bluffing are
1 Villain has to be aggressive-in low stakes often it is much better to bet larger pot or pot plus because the V call too often not bluff
2 Board texture is it the type of board that allows a V to bluff- If we have KK on a K92R board our V are not going to bluff very often- take the time to think about what runouts your V might bluff on if you can review your hands find the hands you would like them to bluff and see if the runouts are good for that.
3 Betting to induce vs checking to induce- In low limits small bets get bluffed more often than checks as the V cannot just check behind and show down so they have to think about bluffing more---V still do not bluff often enough the small bet allows us to get more value while trying to induce that bluff

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you are a very hard player who only plays strong hands they will hardly bet you but if you are a dynamic player you will surely be paid many hands

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your own table image is important. Playing tight is almost certainly not going to get many players bluffing into you, having a more loose image is more than likely get players trying to bluff you. It does depend on the skill of your opponents.
Checking or calling with strong hands, will likely get players bluffing. Betting small can also encourage the opponents to bluff.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Ok the factors that must be present for us to induce bluffing are
1 Villain has to be aggressive-in low stakes often it is much better to bet larger pot or pot plus because the V call too often not bluff
2 Board texture is it the type of board that allows a V to bluff- If we have KK on a K92R board our V are not going to bluff very often- take the time to think about what runouts your V might bluff on if you can review your hands find the hands you would like them to bluff and see if the runouts are good for that.
3 Betting to induce vs checking to induce- In low limits small bets get bluffed more often than checks as the V cannot just check behind and show down so they have to think about bluffing more---V still do not bluff often enough the small bet allows us to get more value while trying to induce that bluff
Hello, thank you very much for the tips. I liked it too much. I will keep this in mind for the next tournaments.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Your own table image is important. Playing tight is almost certainly not going to get many players bluffing into you, having a more loose image is more than likely get players trying to bluff you. It does depend on the skill of your opponents.
Checking or calling with strong hands, will likely get players bluffing. Betting small can also encourage the opponents to bluff.
Thank you. Indeed, I have to improve my image. I think I am too tiet. I will try to present a more aggressive image.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi, thanks for the tip. Indeed the image of the player is really important.

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In position just check back and out of position just bet 1bb to induce him to raise