How to increase your stack(freerolls)

victory22422

victory22422

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all!

Yesterday i played freeroll mtt and I have question: how to increase your stack in the early stages of mtts? Becouse of my tight playing, i usually have too less chips(~10bb) for normal play and always must use push or fold strategy.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A lot of freerolls start off or become short stacked in a few levels. You can try to widen your range and get lucky early vs the players jamming their stacks but you will have to learn to control yourself after you get the stack and tighten back up also you will bust out of a lot of freerolls early by doing this. or you can keep playing the way you are which I think would be better most people have a hard time shifting between loose donk a stack early freeroll play and solid tournament strategy.

NumberOneRhino

NumberOneRhino

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree

A lot of freerolls start off or become short stacked in a few levels. You can try to widen your range and get lucky early vs the players jamming their stacks but you will have to learn to control yourself after you get the stack and tighten back up also you will bust out of a lot of freerolls early by doing this. or you can keep playing the way you are which I think would be better most people have a hard time shifting between loose donk a stack early freeroll play and solid tournament strategy.

They play almost any two cards in the beginning stages so if you can catch an Ace you may be good. Or out! But i believe it's always best to be patient.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all!

Yesterday i played freeroll mtt and I have question: how to increase your stack in the early stages of mtts? Becouse of my tight playing, i usually have too less chips(~10bb) for normal play and always must use push or fold strategy.
I reccomend tight play in early stage of the tournamnet. After about 30 min i start to play to get the double up. It works if you have a little bit luck:)

J

jimjjamj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
mtt

of course every game is different. over all being patient will get you deeper in mtts. i have more times than not gotten opportunities to have a good stack to finish out games.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all!

In early stage you need to put all your chips in. But its low chance you would win cuz a lot of donks will call your all in

T

Tu Ng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just have to be patience and wait till you have a good hand. Don't try to play every hand, but play only the good hands. Than you can try and win some chips from good hands.

A

Akwind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i preffer medium aggrsion play in early stage of freerols. i call push with 99+
open raise more hands (30%) EP to 70% on the button and 80% on SB
most of players are weak in freeroll and if you have good post flop skills - easy money :)

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
to build your stack in mtts you have to :
1. steal blinds
2. pick orphaned pot (the flope come and everybody checks to you)
3. when first in bring it in with a raise
4. identify the tight timid players
5. don't be afraid to comit all you chips early if the situation warrants

4soul

4soul

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
limping is good sometimes ...this will give advantage in front of lots of players that don't give a ...piece of cake... on that freeroll :D. and fell some ways to limp or raising with tight players.

Freeroll Passwords