How to improve at not so populat poker variants?

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello, everyone! I would like to ask you help with this matter. I really enjoy playing Texas Hold'em (and Omaha sometimes), and it is relatively easy to find videos and material to study these variants that are more popular. Also, it is easy to find games to practice: every poker room offers them.

My question is: how to study less known variants? How to find good structured materials? What do you recommend? It can be courses, videos, playlists and even books!
In my case, I would like to learn more about draw games, specially 2-7 lowball (both triple draw and single draw).
My goal is to be a decent player in these variants, to be able to play some small regular tournaments, but also to try some event in special series.

This also leads to the next part of the question: where to play these variants? I know that pokerstars sometimes can gather enough players to form cash tables, but I would like to play tournaments as well. Do any other rooms offer them?
Thank you so much!

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Carmanhani, I started to learn about poker by watching his reviews, I saw several mistakes that I also made and so I learned, I marathoned the channel a long time ago, I had the opportunity to join the GT (Grigo Team), $200 doleras that were paid in 10x in boleto, great course, Café com Poker on youtube, there are some classes there, very few, but high level material, here's the tip so, look for both, I'm sure you'll be happy with the material.
Both are extremely consolidated players, I believe that the course of either one of them is an excellent investment, I will certainly do Carma's when I finish Thiago's.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Carmanhani, I started to learn about poker by watching his reviews, I saw several mistakes that I also made and so I learned, I marathoned the channel a long time ago, I had the opportunity to join the GT (Grigo Team), $200 doleras that were paid in 10x in boleto, great course, Café com Poker on youtube, there are some classes there, very few, but high level material, here's the tip so, look for both, I'm sure you'll be happy with the material.
Both are extremely consolidated players, I believe that the course of either one of them is an excellent investment, I will certainly do Carma's when I finish Thiago's.
I also learned a lot from Carmanhani. In brazil, he and Rafa Moraes are one of the pros that made me see poker in a more decent way.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that on that kind of board you should be more careful and not value them more than they deserve. When it's blind defense, it might even be worth paying and see how the flop develops.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd sure like to learn some variants better,
Played a game last week (my 1st live in forever)
Dealers choice but none of them played hold'em,
I knew some of the games but others tricky getting the hang of guess that's why I lost:(

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There are good articles on the internet about the other games and Youtube videos as well. And there are good books which are very helpful. Pokerstars offers a good variety of games, so if you want to learn new games, this would be the no.1-platform

rhoudini

rhoudini

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'd sure like to learn some variants better,
Played a game last week (my 1st live in forever)
Dealers choice but none of them played hold'em,
I knew some of the games but others tricky getting the hang of guess that's why I lost:(
That's what I am talking about! Surely a dealer's choice game is quite hard: when I was watching wsop, very rarely a player would choose NL Hold'em, because it is the most known game.
My goal is not so ambitious: I would like to learn at least 2-7 draw (both single and triple) to try to get in action both in regular tournaments and special series like MicroMillions. I am not the greatest fan of cash games, but why not in the future too?
Despite they have decreased in popularity, they are still quite interesting!
If you want to get better at 2-7 draw and discuss strategies, that would be great! I am available whenever you want.

There are good articles on the internet about the other games and Youtube videos as well. And there are good books which are very helpful. Pokerstars offers a good variety of games, so if you want to learn new games, this would be the no.1-platform
Thank you for replying, theStarfish. I tried to search some materials, but they are quite difficult to find!
I bought the ebook version of Doyle Brunson's Super System 2 on Amazon for $4 mainly to read the chapter on 2-7 Triple Draw by Daniel Negreanu (I am also studying his video on this game). I saved some articles to read later and I've also saved a PokerStars Learn Introduction to 2-7 Triple Draw.
Well, maybe it is something to start with.
In free time I am also watching some old WSOP videos about both games.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I bought the ebook version of Doyle Brunson's Super System 2 on Amazon for $4 mainly to read the chapter on 2-7 Triple Draw by Daniel Negreanu
I also read that book and Daniel´s chapter was very interesting. Besides old WSOP videos you can watch some Pokergo videos when they played mixed games. And talking about strategy always helps :)