How to identify a fish

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch close and take notes, Jivaro can help you when you see VPIP at 40+ you can guess that they may be loose but in zoom you will miss out on the important things like their positional play so don't get dependant on the hud or your 'fish' may just be an aggro player.

M

mikeisanace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish are the rocks of poker.

Fish generally have a understanding of poker and that good hands are big pocket pairs ak and position a little bit. They are so tight and exploitable that you can can fold to any of their bets and they will fold when they miss their very tight predictable range. This means your 88 can be bet out or re raised on flops of 4-10-7 when you suspect they have aq-kj suited or ak. Weak Rocks also tend to bet more when they have aa or kk vs just ak or kq so it's predictable. Newbs or passive players are harder to play against and sometimes rival maniacs who know what their doing the only difference being is they don't know what their doing making them just as unpredictable as they don't understand proper folds and will sometimes make weird raises with j8 suited for no reason other than hand memory as they won with them once. Online Weak players limp from all positions but especially the button. I for one have found good players can often limp early,middle and still be solid players however the ultimate tell is do they exploit the blinds and how do they raise? Loose passive rookie maybe bet 500 with blinds at 50-100 where as a good player consistently bets 160 on the button,or utg with only an occasional limp or call from the button.

Last edited:
mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They pay too many hands,they will pay 38,they will pay 29,Players who pay each hand is low player.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
In tournaments number 1 fish tell is open limps.

7svetoslav

7svetoslav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From that i saw in this thread, now im gonna need help from men in black to erase my memory. :D

"I dont identify them" - probably they identify you man.
"they limp and betting 1/2 for sure"
"fishes limp good hand, also small rise on these hands" Thats the number one, i dont know i dont put it first :D

There are as many kinds of "fishes" in the room like the real one's in the sea.
A: How much the word "fish" affects you when you play on table, from the scale from 1/10?
B: Blop, Blop. Seriously.. 11!

Thewitcherx

Thewitcherx

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i believe intedify him from how easy bluf him

WebWebber

WebWebber

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if u cant spot the fish.... u are the fish ,-)

Nikolay23

Nikolay23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i play zoom i can't get enough information about opponent and his hand,so i just w8 nice hand and play.

ilyass

ilyass

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 things that really work ,cash game at low stakes

1. The first thing you should pay attention - the amount of money that the player takes to the table.

Strong and regular players try to take the table to the maximum. While the weak players often do not want to risk a lot of money, or simply do not attach importance to the size of the stack. If the maximum stack of $ 50, and people took to the table $ 37.42 - cook hook on this fish flashing neon signboard "Catch me!". The percentage of viewing the flop such characters are usually very high.

2. The newcomer player does not wait for the big blind and puts it immediately.

Then, without much thinking, we conclude that man has come to play, not to win. For cache regulars who lose on pancakes and so enough, such a luxury is not permissible. And why pay once again for not aysovuyu position? Such a cavalier attitude toward money (even in the amount of the big blind) speaks about the same relation to him in the hand.

3. Another possible indicator - the nationality of the player.

Mediterranean poker players are much more willing to part with money, than the Scandinavians. British, Brazilians, Mexicans, Australians and Canadians often are your favorite players.

4. Nicky.

If one of your opponents called himself eg SuitedAces or DonkeyMonk - beware, most likely this player has a little more knowledge of poker, his terminology, theory than average fish, which could complicate its catch.

5. Player Avatar

One could add a label that appears if Ave plush pussy or glamorous lass, plus it is equipped with a nickname Lessi1995, you can set the network. But make no mistake. These tricks have become regulars modern resort. It will not be a very fun and profitable throwing bait to realize that there is not a stupid 17-year-old mermaid, a 30-year-old Anton, quite a shark.

6. the chat box.

No, shoot the breeze and ask competitors questions about poker is not necessary. Let's watch. Yes, many in the chat did not look, but the main thing in our business - not to miss useful things, not to forget about the analysis.

If we are waiting for chat messages "Hi guys," "all the luck," "give heat", etc., only one conclusion - the man came not to win money, and cool to spend time, play the game of cards for money and do not even talk away . Well, we need such oppy such oppy are important to us! ��

7. inspected, play. Attention to the player after the deal.

If in the course of a rival often shows his hands, he throws - most likely it is our client. Good players will engage in such nonsense is not, when you play on many tables at all other concerns, and tick auto reset lost hand is all regov polls.

Weak players show their aces and kings to show what they are steep. And if they show all their A5o or anyone - be sure for them it is one of the hands-monsters is not much worse than the AK and then AA ��

8. How many tables playing an opponent?

If there are vacant a few seconds, and someone is little doubt - take a look at how many tables he plays. If the amount in the region of 4 or more - beware, this infa makes us significantly narrow the range of hands played out oppa. If there appears a table - make the conclusion yourself.

9. Attention to the players who rarely raise.

The most usual effect of Fish - a call and check. Fish are rarely raises and at the same time, with great reluctance resets even questionable hands. If the hand has some effect, fish may play it aggressively, and much more aggressive than this hand deserves. If you often see the same guy in all the pots, then it should pay more attention.

10. Last, but not least. Avtodokupka.

Regulars enjoy avtodokupki function of the table (of course, if any). As soon as they stack falls below the norm - it is filled again. Fish also will not buy more, they take as many as are willing to lose. Draining the amount they either leave or take as much as they once again will not be sorry. Well rounded or bankroll to krasivenkoy figures ��

Identification and catching fish - a very important component of the increase winrate. Of course, additional software in this excellent assistant and great time saver, but in the same flash poker poyuzat did not, and some do not use third-party prog principle.

Therefore, my friends, skills allow yourself to notice a good fish will never be superfluous, and vice versa, will give you some advantage in this case.

Good luck fishing!

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some of the top signs of fish (non-HUD tells)
  • Limping
  • Stack size less than 100bb
  • Min bets after the flop

HUD related tells (make sure you have a decent sample first)
  • 40%+ VPIP
  • Low PFR
  • High WTSD
  • Low AF (1 or 2)