How can I get used to losing

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not read any of the responses, so if I repeat something, I apologize.

What I read from your post was not: "How can I get used to losing" but rather "How can I learn to control my tilt when I lose".

Might I suggest reading this:
https://www.cardschat.com/f49/tips-dealing-tilt-162461/
It's long, but I think it will help you.
GL!

Sumun

Sumun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
your loses may be cause of bad luck, or maybe leacks in your game

review your hh after sessions and try to improve your game based on mistakes you did, or leaks you think you have
reading some books or guides can be very useful too
if its bad luck, then just take a short break and come back to the tables

gl with that

MicroStakesManiac

MicroStakesManiac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is obvious, but dealing with anger/tilt/losing/downswigs etc is all psychological and just part of the game. The best baseball hitters FAIL to get a hit 65% of the time!!!

I'm not a pro player, but anger -- from bad luck, suckouts, my own stupid plays -- has cost me more than anything else, by far.

By far.

So, there is much very good advice here and elsewhere about "how to handle tilt".

My one suggestion is this -- if you can't learn to better handle anger/tilt/losing (short-term losing), then you should probably realize that you are only going to go so far playing this game. It's not going to get better.

And you might ask yourself this question -- is it really worth playing if it effects me this negatively?

GL.
--MSM
http://microstakesmaniac.com/

B

budebuzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started to let losing, bad beats etc get to me and realized I wasn't having any fun, so I thought about it one day sitting at a table and decided to just have fun and not worry about winning or losing and just have fun and I did! I ended up having one of the best winning streaks I can remember of course.... then that never lasts for long but I still remember that day and always try to have fun first, at least you should enjoy playing.

dontshiveagit

dontshiveagit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lmao it took me a while to get used to losing. it happens, its poker, you just have to get your money in with the best hand/best odds. the rest is just luck. (besides bluffing) thats a skill you need to learn. but you cant win everything :/

Sumun

Sumun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lmao it took me a while to get used to losing. it happens, its poker, you just have to get your money in with the best hand/best odds. the rest is just luck. (besides bluffing) thats a skill you need to learn. but you cant win everything :/

you forget things like readings, use of position, and lot of strategies that makes a good player
poker isnt that simple