how can i profit in poker?

F

freezagoldHS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i would like to start by apologizing for my english, i hope you can understand me, i am using google translator.

I'm starting to play poker now, but I'm not getting good results, I'm playing sit in go tournaments.
I would like to know how I can start studying to make a profit in poker, if sit in go is the best way to start poker

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you should start playing with dummy money, but first read the basics of poker.
once you master with skill the basics begin little by little with the most advanced concepts.

Do not deposit without having played enough and know everything related to poker because you will only lose money

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would like to start by apologizing for my english, i hope you can understand me, i am using google translator.

I'm starting to play poker now, but I'm not getting good results, I'm playing sit in go tournaments.
I would like to know how I can start studying to make a profit in poker, if sit in go is the best way to start poker

Hi friend. I am also quite new to this (despite what my registration date says on the forum) and I have been able to improve my game a lot in two months. Luckily on the internet it is full of study material so it is a matter of will. I recommend that you watch the winamax YouTube channel, they have videos called "in the mind of a pro" where professional players explain why each of their movements. Reading some books will also help you. I have some in Spanish, if you're interested. And finally practice and participate in the forum, here are people who know a lot and are always willing to answer questions.

F

freezagoldHS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi friend. I am also quite new to this (despite what my registration date says on the forum) and I have been able to improve my game a lot in two months. Luckily on the internet it is full of study material so it is a matter of will. I recommend that you watch the winamax YouTube channel, they have videos called "in the mind of a pro" where professional players explain why each of their movements. Reading some books will also help you. I have some in Spanish, if you're interested. And finally practice and participate in the forum, here are people who know a lot and are always willing to answer questions.

tanks for help

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get discipline, I mean play lots of play money till your so tired of playing play chips so when you go to real money your mind would be prepare to know that you need to play at your best to WIN real money. Start off the least amount buy ins

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get really good at folding, that's step one.

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get really good at folding, that's step one.

True. Folding is the first step to not loosing. Better is loose one hand and a half of your stack, than loose all at once.
Try to learn on your own mistakes and dont give up.
And dont play s&g tournaments, they are too fast for beginers.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started to play tried all kinds of poker to understand what I get to play, though a lot of time has passed, and lost a lot, well it's poker all the time impossible to win.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play in freeroll, you will accumulate experience

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To profit from poker.

Good morning player.
To be a lucrative poker player, you have to study hard and practice.
To evolve very fast in poker, I recommend taking a poker course.
Other ways to study is by watching videos of hands-on analysis.
One thing I think is fundamental to what you're starting out in poker is studying a table of hands played by position.

UTG Group Hands 1,2
UTG + 1 1,2,3
MP1 1,2,3,4
MP2 1,2,3,4,5
hijack 1,2,3,4,5,6
cutoff 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
dealer 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
SB 1,2,3,4,5
BB 1,2,3,4

At 888poker, it has a $ 0.10 Mtt entry, with 5,000 starting chips and 6min bland raise, this Mtt is daily at 10:00 am Brasilia time, for those starting out in poker, I think it's ideal.
I also recommend watching live broadcasts from professional players, to see how they play what they do in each situation, which hands they play.

I recommend the twitch of Jeff Gross, who is a professional and lucrative poker player.

https://www.twitch.tv/jeffgrosspoker

Enviar feedba

Attachments

• maos de poker por posicao.jpg
    maos de poker por posicao.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 18
S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This may become a really good thread. I will look into some of the ideas here and
hopefully something helps me out here as well. thanks.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Only hard work will help you make a profit in poker !!! Work on your game - hand analysis, watching a video - everything you need for profit !!!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to learn first the basics of the game. On cardschat you can find some very good materials. Main problem is that most poker materials are in english so you will also need to improve it.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I'm SNGer mostly myself too. I'd say, what you like would work for ya. Just keep in mind bankroll management and don't spend more than 3-5% of your bankroll for a game and you'll be fine. SNG is a great discipline, I enjoy it for 12 years already. Very balanced one about everything. But I strongly recommend you to learn ICM, if you serious on it.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would not suggest play money. About all play money can do is teach you which hands win, after that play money is just a love fest, unless you find a poker site that lets play money purchase real merch.

Also, I do not do deposits unless I already won that much money on a different one of my poker sites or the poker site requires a deposit in order to make any withdrawals.

If my bankroll on a poker site is at zero, it is time to win spme freerolls offered at that site or move on to another poker site.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Poker is a game,not work or business. Profit is a bonus.

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make sure to start with freerolls or low stakes and bear in mind people will be over aggressive in freerolls compared to other fields - I would also recommend looking up bankroll management at this point. YouTube videos, online poker courses and these forums are all good sources to start learning about counting odds, preflop and postflop strategy, c bets and a variety of other techniques - try a few of them to see what helps you learn best.

nikolaevich87

nikolaevich87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
absolutely agree! do not pay in cash, made sure on personal experience, on their own rake. it is an expensive pleasure !!!

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]