How can i play against agressive players?

B

brow02

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, i would like to get answers, how can i play against agressif players?, i mean they like to raise just to steal the blinds, and every time i reraise the agressive players, like: My hand "A-Ks", he raises to 4BB then i reraise to 12BB, he calls the flop is "T-8-2" and he goes all in i mean he could have some shit like pair of 2 or idk but i dont call and he wins my 12 BB, so i would like to ask how can i beat them?

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can try a larger reraise or call his all in to show him you won't be pushed around . Even if he beats you he'll watch his step next time he gets in a hand with you . Sometimes you just have to stand your ground with these players . Good luck .

FerC182

FerC182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
brow02

Hello, I'm not a very smart player but in these cases I usually go all preflop because AK is a very strong hand, of course the village because I came back to you it is quite possible to have pair in hand AA, KK, QQ, and so on, this flop was very bad and the fact that he went allin may be yes the village hand was a pair, a blef is very difficult because he played very strong in the preflop, so that's it , with strong hands and with courage tries the allin to see if the adversary is bluffing but with care not to lose all his chips.

millya5

millya5

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Against aggressive players, one must also play with aggression. I play like this and it helps me ....

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's a topic that comes up frequently. There are at least two ways to go about it:

1. Ignore them unless the price is right for your hand. Eventually they will run into another player in the right position, if it is not you, and will get busted - or maybe not, if it is their lucky day.

2. Play their game. This is essentially gambling and will likely get you busted just as easily as it will for them. I would recommend only doing this in position so you don't run into someone else's monster hand downstream from you.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As he has already called on his 3bet, he really should have a strong hand. After all in post flop your fold is correct. He may have ecreated the flop. Do not worry about your fold just adjust your range and be more aggressive than it next time. Some 3bet will work. Be careful and if it does not work do not worry about giving up the move.

Last edited:
B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to be patient. And wait for good cards.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion rhe only to play againt agressive players is being agressive.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
best to avoid playing with them and using only big big pairs of cards played

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
your hand is very strong. but the flop did not help you, most likely he did not help the opponent either. because as events developed preflop, I think you should take all-in. sometimes you can see something like 1010, 88, 22, but this cannot be considered your mistake

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's just a question of time, until you get him with the right cards. Against agressive it's not being only agressive, it's also being smart and patient.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have often said this...but i love bullies and aggressive players and i am keen for them to often try and steal my blinds..im not scared in the slightest to reraise or jam back at them and my strategy is..if you have it then fair enough but i will make a note on you - good or bad and use that to my advantage next time...there is always another time lol

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get position or get a nut hand OOP or a near nut strong hand OOP since nut hands are so infrequent.

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just be patient and commit when you find a chance to take a shot. If you know they're playing a lot of hands aggressively, you can't afford to be uncertain or to go in with something mediocre. You don't necessarily need the nuts before you can fire back at them because you know their range is so big. If you get the chance, pay attention to how they play against others post-flop; super-aggressive players don't like to be slowed down, so you can often overbet to get lots of value out of them when you're ahead.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Push with monsters and premium cards...

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll play it different in position than out of. Someone aggressive playing a lot of hands, should be check raised or re-raised.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys, i would like to get answers, how can i play against agressif players?, i mean they like to raise just to steal the blinds, and every time i reraise the agressive players, like: My hand "A-Ks", he raises to 4BB then i reraise to 12BB, he calls the flop is "T-8-2" and he goes all in i mean he could have some shit like pair of 2 or idk but i dont call and he wins my 12 BB, so i would like to ask how can i beat them?

"My hand is A-Ks", he raises to 4BB

then...

I go all-in with AKs or I re-raise to 25BB

Huge 3-bet or all-in to defend your hand.
If you see a player who makes struddle every time to steal the blinds then don't be shy to go all-in even with KT or A7, cause re-steal is always a good option. Majority of players who bet struddle often are trying to steal blinds with hands like suited or not suited connectors, trashy aces or kings. They simply won't call all-in if they have to pay 30%+ of their stack. Pay attention to the way your opponents act and make notes, players love to steal blinds and use position with trash hands, if you have such info on your opponent then it's great. It's soo cool if you know that your opponent steals with 2-3bb raise and he bets 4-5bb with hands like JJ+, you can simply go all-in each time when you see him betting 2bb at SB against your BB pre-flop.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
With aggressive players I try to play big hands against them , or set traps to them , they will pay me big . Or else I try to play very carefully against them , but not with fear .
Also if I have no option because I have low blinds I prefer going all in with decent cards , it doesn't have to be monsters , against them , most of the times they will hold trash hands .
In the past I was afraid of all these constant raises , bets , I was waiting only for monsters to play with these guys , result always to have at the end 1-2 blinds , total failure .

So I am trying to be carefull , not afraid , play my best game .
I have seen many times such guys building stacks with their aggression very quickly , but also going on tilt very easily or falling victims to their attempts to set traps by others more clever guys ( maybe bad beats) and lose all their monster stack in 2-3 hands , one hand after the other . Try to be that clever guy to drive them tilt and crazy , also make good calls with odds in favor of you , nice traps, reraises/check-raises , gl :)

L

lovido

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Avoid them, they can make you lose your chips or the tournament and such players can also help you win a tournament too. you just have to make sure you have a premium hand before you can call his bets.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to be more selective about your hands to give yourself a chance to win! Also look for patterns in their plays and raises. Everyone plays differently.

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take it you are talking about tourney play...if aggrassive player is caonstantly raising you bb you can loosing up a little and call...if you hit I would play really aggressive and bet at least 6x bb or higher maybe even all in.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you know he's loose and you got AK on the bb you should just push all in on him don't give him a chance to catch and push all in on you

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reraise with AK hand is not quite correct. Just because the flop can not bring you finished a fairly strong hand, and your opponent will put you in a position where you have to take a difficult decision. Re-raise before the flop is usually talking about AA, and in this case it is justified, because it increases the chances. But not having finished a strong hand you reraise an opponent who may have a strong made hand.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main risk with this type of player is that it is extremely difficult to know if they have play or not. They are often in parties and you know that most hands are not interesting. So do not worry, it's not because a player seems sure of himself that he always has playable hands. You have as many chances as him to win.

Aggressive players do not have the same conception of risk that a player says normal. They know that in a tournament the players are hooked to endure and in cash games they know that the players are attached to their money. So they play with your will to win. Starting from this observation, learn to frustrate them: do not give them your chips if you are not sure of your game, do not get into games that do not offer you real opportunities and finally, do not let them not play your fear.

in MTT Remember that an aggressive player is often a scared player. he seeks to quickly build a substantial carpet and wants to have the psychological ascendancy at the table to just take shelter and preserve its place.

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is best to work on your strategy not during the game, but after it. Finding the best tactics right away is not easy at all. Evaluate your ranges, think how best to adapt to the enemy. It is important to understand whether opponents use weaknesses in your game, or simply play more aggressively than others.