How can I counter an aggressive player

Patoamz95

Patoamz95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am something new in this of online poker, fully in the spin & go and those modalities, I feel that I have very solid bases and I try to stick to the strategy I have since it is making me have a ChipEv of between 80 - 120 and I think it's good enough to start, but hey, the issue is:

Already in HU I get a lot of very aggressive players who play 90% of their deck at Rise x3 BB and my call to that is very small, so I happened to have 45BB to 10 BB and then they have me very dominated, how can I counteract that? I don't have a 3bet rank other than AA or KK, so I think I'm missing something there, but I wouldn't know how to form that rank.

B

beginnerbot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to 3bet way more often. 99+, AQ+ are standard stack off hands against aggressive opponents. This is how wide your value can be. You also need to 3bet bluff hands like J8o so you opponent doesn't know if you have a value hand.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I like aggressive opponents. I really like to lure such players into a trap. Playing against such players, the main thing is to remain patient and wait for strong cards and the appropriate situation.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello.
I like aggressive opponents. I really like to lure such players into a trap. Playing against such players, the main thing is to remain patient and wait for strong cards and the appropriate situation.
Exactly, the key is to be patient, and as she says here, it is excellent to see how one who plays aggressive after three or four moves against you that you have won because he knows how to wait for the exact moment, he is no longer so aggressive, It's the best feeling during the game hehe, you proved that patience can more than intimidation :) :D

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first you should write down all the information possible and always try to play in position.

an aggressive player has a very wide range of hands, apply more 3-bet or 4-bet for him to learn to respect his blinds.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First I would pay attention to when they are raising. Do they do tend to do it in certain positions or only if they open the betting etc? Then try to take advantage of those situations.

If they truly are betting/raising 90% of the time, then I would open my range a bit and 3bet and be willing to raise again if they come in with a 4bet. Put the pressure back on them. Sure you might pick the one time they woke up with aces, but that is part of the reason why aggression works.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
See it as a profit opportunity, not a wasted opportunity.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play very calmly and lure them into traps, they play aggressively using a lot of weak hands on this and should be caught. playing for the whole stack +99.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
against an aggressive player I only play against him when I have good starting hands. I remain patient and I just call these bets even when I hit my spot and I have the advantage over him. you need to improve your betting frequency. You can 3bet with less strong hands than AA or KK.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't like playing against aggressive players.

I think that is when I would go to a 9 player table and the aggressive player would have 8 people working against him taking shots with their best hands against his mediocre hands.

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well in the situation just gotta go for it with a much wider range, like Ax hands and pocket pairs would be a good start and if you get evens with them we can start to play some raises.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am something new in this of online poker, fully in the spin & go and those modalities, I feel that I have very solid bases and I try to stick to the strategy I have since it is making me have a ChipEv of between 80 - 120 and I think it's good enough to start, but hey, the issue is:

Already in HU I get a lot of very aggressive players who play 90% of their deck at Rise x3 BB and my call to that is very small, so I happened to have 45BB to 10 BB and then they have me very dominated, how can I counteract that? I don't have a 3bet rank other than AA or KK, so I think I'm missing something there, but I wouldn't know how to form that rank.

They're bluffing. Equalize if there is something. Discard the small blind if a 3 7 trash card is dealt. The rest can be attacked on allin to force a reset. Try different approaches one day you will be able to win. Remember, no one always gets good cards.

JedKim

JedKim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
work the person sorta

Play your range and call if you feel like you are strong