How can i calm down after a bad beat in poker ?

rsparente

rsparente

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Change your view sight, widening your view sight your entire system calm down, also try respiration exercise, physiological breathing might help.

pundim

pundim

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Above all, trust the process and try to understand that bad beats will be present not matter how good you play, always

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to quit the game, listen to music, disconnect from poker, focus my mind on something else until I calm down.

jproy444

jproy444

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I do free weight training before each poker session. I'm more relax and focus this way.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I honestly lmfao at sibkaz reply above. He's not wrong though that's the good news. Bad sessions at poker are usually followed or mean good to great sessions at poke her.

When the wife's not home though I usually hit the heavy bag or speed bag for 20-30 mins/scotch. Others go jogging, workout or whatever you'd normally do to relax after or when under stress.

Cheers!!!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you are very angry that you lost when you are stronger, just say it happens to everyone and even professional players lose so much playing for big money with a large entrance, then I shouldn't lose some $1, I shouldn't worry so much and it will be easier for you to either take a breath of fresh air or take a run and everything will be back to normal

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Самое лучшее — это переспать! )
how vulgar you are here, it's right when you put your gun in to unload: I CAN'T laugh: just like advice, it helps a lot in all situations, you can do headaches 1-2 times a day, a drop in mood, etc., the main thing immediately goes away, as a habit not to take it:)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any advices?
If you are not calm you are not thinking slowly so an action to help you think slowly -you can review the hand step by step or you can take 5 minutes to make a list of actions you will take in the future or you can try to solve a puzzle

Jared Tendler has 2 excellent books on the mental game of poker check them out

:unsure::geek:

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My advice would be to keep grinding

you become immune to tilt and getting angry at bad beats

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Why are you mad, do you believe yourself not subject to random chance as are the rest of us?

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I never take for granted that I'm going to win.
Even if you play exceptionally well or hold very strong hands, there's always the possibility of losing. Unless you win without the cards being turned over.
I try to keep that very clear and present in my mind, especially when I'm confident. Thinking about it in advance helps me to overcome it.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Any advices?
A walk in the fresh air always helps me. I just go for a walk for 1-2 hours in a park near my house. It always helps. It seems to me that fresh air literally clears my brain, ventilates it :)

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think you can go for a walk in the street and distract yourself from these thoughts for a while

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Be a Masochist.

Give me that bad beat hard.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Any advices?
There are many options, you just need to try everything one by one and find the option that suits you.
1. Sports. Physical activity has a positive effect on our health, on our emotional and psychological state, by the way, similarly to sex.
2. Just a break and a walk. Also a good option, but probably not for everyone.
3. You can take a break and focus on your main job or some other hobby.
4. In addition, do not forget about creativity, for example, drawing. Such an activity is always good for relieving stress.

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
It's difficult at times. Try not to be results orientated, thinking about if you won the hand or not. Instead, think if you played that hand well or not. Take comfort in the fact that you did.

You can only control your actions and reactions. You cannot control which cards appear on the board.

You cannot control your opponent's actions either. Remember that you were happy that they got it all in with you from a worse position and that you want them to continue doing that. It was a good thing. They won the hand this time, but most of the time they won't if you both continue to make similar decisions.

There are many more hands to come. This was just one.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
You need to learn to perceive bad beats as an integral part of the process and control your emotions. It should be understood that in poker not everything depends on the correct play of hands. Under no circumstances should you allow the factor of luck to influence your condition or undermine your confidence.The ability to admit your own mistakes will relieve negative emotions and improve psychological stability.

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you are still in the tournament you need to focus on building a new stack otherwise if you are tilted take a break immediately

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Bad beats happens. Part of game , This is poker. It happens sometimes and sometimes you feel like you’re never going to run good again. You have to be as analytical and honest as possible. You can still get a lot better and in the long run you’re “run bad” will eventually even out. When you realize they're a part of the game, the tilt lessens.