How to find leaks ?

Fahrenheit451

Fahrenheit451

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After sporadically hacking with micro stakes for several years I decided to start purposeful poker training.
First thing would be finding my biggest leaks and working with them.
But how ?
Any advice ?

Boston10111

Boston10111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think once you start learning and unsterstanding the training you do you’ll start seeing some problems. Ask questions to yourself while you play. Like is this suppose to be a fold? Should I 3-bet here? You may not have the answer at the moment but asking those questions and then going through training will bring those questions back up with answers this time. Use poker trackers so you can review your hands and immediately after you play a hand look at it and replay it a few times to try and understand what you did and how to fix it or what you shoulda done

N

nameless1537

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just started using PokerTracker and they have a leaktracker function to look at your play over the long haul to identify leaks. They definitely have that for the cash game but not sure about the tournament side.

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use Advanced Poker Training for training and there are stats of my leaks and weekly training plan based on my results.

Also, I am interested in this software: https://pokerleakbuster.com/
Is anyone having any experience of this?

But I think the best way to know your leaks is to record a video of your session, publish that on YouTube and ask others to review your play. Or send that video to some poker coach for review.

M

MilesTheGOAT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Copilot is also a great HUD to use and also has a built in leak tracker.