how to face an aggressive player

L

Litosfrank17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes we meet very aggressive people, which hurts us because we do not know if he really plays or pays to pay

What councils do you face in front of this player?

K

kygamblr09

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the past i would go right at him or her. No matter what because i didnt care nor did i understand that the tourny does not revolve around that 1 player. I got so mad and lost control to the point i would tell myself the worst hand would take this player down. Or make crazy calls with nothing trying to tak him or her out. Now my best advice that i follow is stay away. Not worth your time and energy to battle a player like that until your in a better position. Like at FT or after bubble. While then it still maybe the wrong time to take on the aggressor atleast you have made money doing it instead of early in a tourney when you might not get anything.

L

Litosfrank17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good advice not to fight, wait or call until the fate of

Good luck

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's impossible to have so many good cards, so I am waiting for the chance to shove!

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just choose the moment with a good card and punish such players. And they have no desire to play aggressively, and then they leave the table altogether.

MaxMarauder

MaxMarauder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be patient. Watch for what triggers that the Aggressive player. When the poker gods reward your patience with a good hand, lure the Aggressive player in and get every chip from them that you can.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
use the players agresion against them. wait for a good hand. let them bet into you and spring the trap at the end and hope you have the best hand

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I may tighten up some but then see if he notices how my range shrinks. If he does not pick up on it then you can wait for a hand and let him hang himself

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
an aggressive player usually pre-flop bet and still see the first streets will continue betting until we throw our cards .. Surely play with premium cards and if there are some who play with mediocre cards will surely continue to match and hopefully win the pot

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always nice to be able to have position and pick the right time for you. Normally trapping works well for over aggressive players to where they will just jump in the boat.

S

stockerboy777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just make sure you observe their tendencies very carefully and try and take notes on them to help you. Don't be scared to give up on certain spots against this player type. I personally would not be bluffing them unless it was really warranted.

kittykittykat

kittykittykat

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players like that suck the fun right out of the game. You have to play your game and not let them get too you. They will fall into a trap and beat them selfs.

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it is not possible to determine what the player does play, then it is necessary to let other players destroy him, or to wait until you are sure you can withstand his aggression, having a powerful combo.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The pirates advice ....

Never chase a player as it weakens your image and your gameplay, it leaves you open to changing your range and good players will notice that.
I will wait and watch many players, some good, some not so good but i still wait, quietly waiting for the right position and cards to strike.
If i come after you - i am coming to knock you out or to significantly improve my stack size not to score points by seeking revenge or making it personal..

Theres no aggression when you are no longer playing...

Regards

Pirateglenn

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We all tend to forget that the name of the game; Poker, derives from the French word Poque, which I have read, can be loosely translated to bluff.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With such crossbows better not to mess. Such a lot of freerolls, but they tend to fly very quickly.If I meet such in a cash game, then I just sit at another table. If I meet such a player in a tournament, I just wait until he loses all his chips.

Nisnimnin

Nisnimnin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I second guess myself too much. Sometimes I just go at him and he's a bluffer. Other times, I get burnt.

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
u know how to play a hu? that can help you to have an idea but in general rule play tight-aggresive for a while and in case there are no good cards, try to see the flop and attack it with some connection .. wait some playable cards and try to see the flop. :boxing:

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you play with aggressive player is best to make him loose on the flop when you hit something otherwise stay calm for your turn. if you have bigger stack also do not bother to call All in when you do not know. Good luck and cheers.

Jane Franklin

Jane Franklin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
open his bluffs
be aggressive with nuts
slowplaying
start yr game with cards like 97suited, not just top pairs
or King 10 o
don t give him still yr blinds

good luck

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To combat superagressivos players who apply many 3-bets, usually use an increase of size ranging from 2.5 to 3 times the big blind, so when in late position or sometimes in intermediate positions. Having to do less initial positions as it often have to fold forward to 3 bets. Therefore, I have less potential players who play after me, having less chance that any of them has some good hand and that solves play.

L

Litosfrank17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
excellent advice friend I'll keep it in mind

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd be patient as possible. And trap him/her as much as possible. If I know that he's/she's been playing aggressively throughout the game, I go after him/her.
Trapping aggressive players is fun. you'll get a good laugh at what he/she had after the river. You just need good cards and a little bit of luck to get these types of players.

E

eggtart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being patient with aggressive player is a good way. Sometimes waiting for the right chance to 3 bet,or even 4 bet , and even shove works since his range can be so wide..