How exactly do you LEARN poker?

XChin

XChin

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I started watching as well as playing poker when I was at a very young age and learned as I got older and older by playing more often. I gradually learned the game one step at a time.

Robcv90

Robcv90

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Practice makes a master...that is the best way :) :)

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is only one way to learn and its based on this two situations: PRACTICE at the table and READING about poker

S

Streethawk71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is only one way to learn and its based on this two situations: PRACTICE at the table and READING about poker

You might replace READING with WATCHING a lot of tuition videos, but I'm an advocate of read/play too.
I'm a beginner too and the books I've read advocate having goals and celebrating acheivements. My current goal is to be able to reach the final table of a small local weekly MTT most weeks with enough chips to be able to be a contender to the end. THEN I know I'm getting somewhere :)

Zloigenii

Zloigenii

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my goal isn't to win. It's to play correct poker. I don't try to justify any call or fold-- I just try to do what I think is best. I don't always get it right, but that attitude has helped me avoid the emotional playing that would have easily turned me into a net loser.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
first all paths are different does this make one better than another sure but it has to be your path. Once you have played 1000's of hands 10,000's of thousands of hands you have lost every way humanly possible youve truly seen it all. The key? To me at least the key is realizing even though you have studied books have listened and watched others written notes deciphered odds and hand histories?

You still continue you evolve as a human being and as a poker player. Do not forget once you get to that comfort level you are still learning still finding new things in poker and ways an watching others how and why's of it.

The more you learn and are open to learning the bigger your tool box is when its needed:)

So sincerely imho there is no best way or right way to learn poker just realize you are always learning growing adapting

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You are using a right method. To learn from your mistakes and observe. A good way is to play as much as you can

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerschool

a simple example of the field to the exercises is an open league and premier league at poker stars

:D Well, I have just started open league for the first time. I was aware that they have pokerschool for a long time but did not pay to it much attention. I did decide to try, however, and realized it actually has MUCH use. So am playing now and probably will be in premier league next month :) I suggest others to try it too, and put some effort to it, I might add!