How do you work on strengthening your psychology in the game?

OnasOO

OnasOO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Strengthening your psychology in the game is an important part of poker success. Here are a few techniques that help me stay calm and focused during play:

1. Meditation: Regular meditation helps improve my concentration and emotional control. Dedicated breathing exercises can help calm nerves.
  2. Bankroll Management: One of the primary sources of psychological pressure is the stress related to financial losses. Establish clear bankroll management rules to reduce financial stress.
  3. Setting Goals: I set clear goals for each gaming session. This helps me stay focused and avoid impulsive decisions.
  4. Breaks and Rest: Don't hesitate to take short breaks between sessions. This helps relieve accumulated tension and restore concentration.
  5. Positive Self-Talk: When I notice negative thoughts or emotions, I try to switch to positive self-talk. I remind myself of my skills and confidence.
  6. Learning and Self-Improvement: The more I study the game and poker psychology, the more confident and calm I feel. Continuous learning helps me trust my decisions.
  7. Community Support: Communicating with other players in the poker community allows me to share experiences and discuss challenges. It creates a sense of mutual support.
  8. Continuous Skill Improvement: The better I understand and master gaming techniques, the more confidence I have in my actions.
Psychological stability and confidence play a significant role in poker. These techniques help me strengthen my mental foundation and remain calm in challenging situations.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Self-hypnosis helps me. In difficult moments I tell myself: distance will return everything...

MathMDI

MathMDI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I usually either listen to music or enter a call to talk to friends about random things while I play, this helps me not to despair and play wrong many times.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Drink wine, a lot. And never drink on an empty stomach, so eat some beer first! It doesn't work for me but maybe for you? Enjoy.

N

nestcozy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PK
Chips
Self-hypnosis is my coping mechanism. During challenging times, I remind myself: distance will eventually heal everything. This approach has been quite beneficial for me.

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
After you break a couple of phones, ipads, and laptops, you get used to it

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When I play poker, I listen to calm music, sometimes I can even turn on Mozart or Bach, and it helps a lot. Also, after an emotionally difficult session, I go to play basketball or do sports, then my emotional excitement and anxiety just disappear.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Thanks for the techniques, and also get more and enough sleep, more sleep = faster reaction times and always be optimist.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
rest always helps after a hard day of poker I go to bed and then when I wake up I forget everything that happened and continue playing my favorite poker. Sometimes meditation helps a lot, or I go to work out after I come back, too, anger at poker goes to sports so there are many ways

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I listen good music that I like, it is help me concentrate

Top 10 Games