How do you succeed in SNG's and MTT's with Donks?

A

ares

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
well the best strategy is the be really patience.. wait until you have a really good preflop cards or you flop the nuts at the flop, other thing to keep in mind is the buy-in.. buy into sng that you feel comfortable with :D

J

jumping jack flash

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as frisellan so eloquently said "patience"

The PoolBoy

The PoolBoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ABC Poker..mixed with patience. When you get a hand you will get paid off. or donked( thats OK..it happens))

R

RA2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play very tight and double up with good hands!
At a full table the donks will be out very fast...
Do not worry if you get a bad beat, it will happen to you many times!
You will get used to it....

Passion_play

Passion_play

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome them to the table.. makes for a more interesting game :)
Know they will be out soon and hopefully have donated some of their chips your way.
Dont over anylize there play, because it is a waste of time. Focus on the good players at the table and play your game :)

Steelehustlen

Steelehustlen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah Choose Your Hands Wisely when Playing them Don't push to hard unless you have the nuts let them chase but not give out the good pot odds and if there pushing to hard and you might be beat let it go the only reason why you bust out on them is if you like me get sick of being pushed around and you make a stupid call that pisses you off the rest of the night so i would rather not make that call so i can feel better about my play and know i made the right choice

A

ayasak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
learn to love the donkeys. they're where your winnings come from.

spore

spore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been very succesful in the long run with playing sng's on various sites.
I usually only play the 5.00 +.50 or the 10.00 +1.00 limits.
But I have been running around 85% Itm for A little more than 2 years now.
And all I can say is patience,patience,patience,,,
Pick your spots to move.

Seriously? 85% winrate over a 2 year span? that can't be right.

J

jumping jack flash

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does sound a little too good ,doesnt matter how good you play ,sngs are subject to massive variance and 85 % does sound a little high

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Enjoy the Donk:
icon14.gif

Every day has a Donk.
Every Donk has his Day.
Feed the Donk.
Take the Donk for a ride.
Talk to the Donk.
Become Friends with a Donk.
For the Donk is made up of purity and simplicity.

Because only in Hold em does a Donk find a place he can call home.

icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Seriously:
If you want to beat the Donk then you must find out what kinda Donk he is.
Then use the correct strategy to remove him from his chips.
icon14.gif

Roller:
Long live the Donks for they are from where chips and wealth may be taken without opposition.

icon6.gif

L

lewis010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mmm.. I just want to know how do you play your SNG's and MTT's especially against donkeys! Any advice would be nice. Thanks :D

well thats pretty obvious.. you have to be patient and wait for a good hand... donks will usually call you with every hand so if you play aggresive and wait for a good flop then you could get all his chips...
if there is a donk player who push all in every hand you will need an averige hand like a5, kq, and the probabilities of beating them will increase...

U

uwlawdawg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
playing tight aggressive is your best bet. Sure, you may experience some suckouts but over the long haul you will end up ahead. I reccommend folding almost all hands the first couple rounds as most donks shove with some bs. This way you can avoid a lot of the suckouts!

Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play a solid tight and aggressive game. Understand the fundamentals, and execute. More times that not your going to win. When your session did not go well for you, chalk it up, understand what you did wrong, (like maybe going all in with premium pairs with multi-players) and move on. All the answers are here in these forums.....Good for you that you are asking the questions and checking it out....

S

smoovebrutha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing tight early is usually rewarding. you'll make it to the end but most of the time find yourself dominated by people with double to 5 times or more your chip stack when you're half way through it. ive found that if you donk out early sometimes, you can develop a huge stack and that's when you can wait it out. the worst hand wins comment is so true and I've used it to my advangtage several times unfortunately lol. but you need a little versatility to be a complete player.

E

empco

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you know what a donk is?

:)
If you want too learn to play poker and be able too properly identify your opponents, play heads-up only for awhile. If you cant handle 1 player 70% to 80% of the time you are the donk. At the very least if you ever manage too get lucky and make it too heads up in your 2700 person freerolls you will have some experiance.