Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I've always read books and watched training videos online, but I want some advice on reviewing my own sessions.

How do you go about this? Do you review every single hand? Do you use any software? equity calculators?

I feel at this point, I have a good grasp on the basic concepts, starting ranges, position, 3-bet ranges, basic hand equity, etc and my game has improved, but I'm certain there are spots where I'm playing poorly and losing money in the long term.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someteimes I`m watching training videos.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good question! Here are a few suggestions:

Review complete games. Pull up a recent game or cash session you played and study it for the spots that come up, making sure you're happy with your play, and seeing what your opponents did.

Use pre-flop software. Confirm pre-flop ranges in ICMizer or Holdem Resources (using the trials or free version of HER if preferred).

Take advantage of tracking software. Pull up regs that you respect and filter for hands they get to showdown with. See what lines they're taking to learn from what you like and exploit any predictable tendencies.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A rather pleasant way of studying is to watch streamed games. If someone, you know is a good pro, is playing a serious tournament in 2020, you can almost certainly pick up some ideas by watching, how he handle certain spots. And if he does something different from, what you would have done, then think about, if perhaps there was some reason behind it, that you can also use in your game.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mainly watch strategic videos and I take inspiration from them for my game. I analyze the spots that I play badly in my head. I do my best to find the solution to my error and not to reproduce it in my next games.

B

bealpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch training videos. Download a hud so you can review your own spots and run them through a software such as pio solver to see if it was profitable etc

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read online articles, books, analyze my lost hands, and most importantly, this is a game practice.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read online articles, books, analyze my lost hands, and most importantly, this is a game practice.

+1 Also, don't forget roaming the poker forums on chadschat.com :)
Even if I don't post, merely reading the forums gives me more insight to reasoning of others. I can learn from the better poker players and even try to understand why the weaker players tend to think the way they do (ultimately so I can better play against players whom think similarly).

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I read books and watch videos, but generally I try to learn from my mistakes. If my decision was wrong, I try to analyze the situation in detail and draw appropriate conclusions for myself.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learn from my mistakes, watch people play , and of course read the article at cardschat ..

YevhenUA

YevhenUA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always read books and watched training videos online, but I want some advice on reviewing my own sessions.

How do you go about this? Do you review every single hand? Do you use any software? Equity calculators?

I feel at this point, I have a good grasp on the basic concepts, starting ranges, position, 3-bet ranges, basic hand equity, etc and my game has improved, but I'm certain there are spots where I'm playing poorly and losing money in the long term.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I'm reading books, watching training videos, take some free courses on few poker schools. If I would have enough time I will learn more and more in real field.