How do you study?

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can study, watch videos, read books, practice methods, use the calculator, but if the letters do not accompany you and you do not make the right decisions you will not have good results

P

peterpam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that more you play the more you learn. You can watch the poker games on TV but it is not the same as actually playing the game and learning from your mistakes.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
few books I have read said if you are a begginer - go 50/50. Iа you are somewhat experienced you should adjust how you feel.
But I think giving 1hr a day is a good measure.
If you are asking should it be books/VODs I don think there is much diffrence just be sure to learn the info that you dont already know =)
You could go 30 min session review of biggest pots or marked hands + 1-2 VODs

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try watching some streams, some of pokerschoolonline's helped me alot, also watched nanonoko every now and then. It helps you alot when they explain what they think about it.

And the thing I like about pokerschoolonline is that it's pretty small scaled so any questions you post in chat will be discussed. That's really usefull.

Anyways gl man!

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Practice, self-control and mindfulness, without them - nowhere. Teaching materials certainly help, but gives only basic knowledge of the game. Each player plays differently, so play at the tables, watch the opponents and control the game.And a little luck, just in case.

RiversRage

RiversRage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you can get enough video and reading plus reviewing your own hand history etc. It's applying it to your game and fitting what you have learned with your playstyle that will create a more rounded game.

P

PostFlopMaster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've skimmed through a couple of chapters through various books to get insight on different approaches and theories. I decided to focus my game on sit n gos so I would record my sessions. During those sessions I would take notes on different spots and lines that others and myself took. I would go back and watch the game unfold and commentate on the action. Pretty effective.

VoukaGl

VoukaGl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me personally the greatest benefit gives watching different poker streams with comments and analysis of the hands!However I started with reading a large number of poker literature, but perhaps video lessons for me was much more instructive.And of course, a detailed analysis of my game.

G

granada7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
watching instructional videos on YouTube and play :D

elitenuts

elitenuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have read about every reputable book - there is a lot of good info out there - never stop learning

Carlosypoker

Carlosypoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to read than watch videos, I like to review some concepts several times before practicing at real money game tables

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is best to study in a combined way. Learning the theory of books, combining video plays of professionals, learning from some poker school, books about personality in poker and mentality and all this combined will definitely improve our skills

Jancianna

Jancianna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched some tutorial videos at the start and read a few things on sites and in books and now I basically try to apply what I have read or experiment a bit on my own. Although I have no idea if I even remember the stuff I read correctly so :D

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I use the self-analysis of my hands played to be able to detect my failures

A

alexandro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
plain and simple if your a beginner no books or programs or anything... ill tell you.. what has work for me... play lots of tourneys aggressive, raise bet bet do anything in the game you want... and learn then you will figure it out from there your going to be at another level. then win a tourney and grind from .55 cents discipline and patients come then and better player goes in its a lot more i can't tell you.

C

Cloud2218

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recommend working on your basic Math and odds skills too. If you can't give a decent average percentage for every hand you play than you are missing something.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mainly watch various video clips on youtube and so I'm trying to learn something new, but I also read some of the books that helped me. Of course it is also important that you play poker, either online or live, it is important to play and not only theoretically to learn but in practice. Watch to learn from your mistakes and analyze your own hands to see where you are wrong. Greetings and good luck in the sequel to the game!