How do you rate your opponents?

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The good player considers his cards, his position in the table, the possible cards of the opponent, his number of chips, among other factors.
However, how can we better evaluate the player's style, their behavior in certain moves?
I particularly, only sometimes make some notes if it goes to various speculative hands, if it is more conservative, if you usually make many bluffs etc...
And you, how do you get more information from your opponents?

Good luck at the tables!

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't always read your opponent. Many people play differently. It's better to focus on the quality of your game. But it is important that you and he have a good card, then you can win something.

B

billiamwedge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I assume everyone is a shark until proven otherwise. It allows me to have time to gather information on the other players and stay tight. Once I see that the big blind folds to 20/20 of the last raises no matter what, I'm starting to get more aggressive and loose as I know they're a fish that will donate chips to me.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Colour codes and notes:

Yellow - simply to mark that I have played them in open competition (which I have not yet deemed dangerous). This is no different from not being market at all, however it prompts me to compare session stats with overall stats. It can be dangerous to relay on general stats for certain groups (like up and coming players and players who change their game substantially)

Light blue - Cards Chat people (which I have not yet deemed dangerous/TAG or Nit)

Dark Blue - Nit

Orange - Tricky/dangerous/unpredictable and shameless bluffers
Red - Tight Aggressive solid player. Beware. Trap. Avoid.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The good player considers his cards, his position in the table, the possible cards of the opponent, his number of chips, among other factors.
However, how can we better evaluate the player's style, their behavior in certain moves?
I particularly, only sometimes make some notes if it goes to various speculative hands, if it is more conservative, if you usually make many bluffs etc...

Good luck at the tables!

I try to play differently, but you can use notes and other application to collect statistics.:deal:

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have 5 colours and took notes. It was always enough for me to discribe one's style through a game, however people can change, but nice to have a feedback from myself from my villain's previous game.

pokerstars likes to just destroy my notes sometimes, but the colours are remain if I not quit before closed all the windows of the software, so be aware that 1 thing.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mark the player's level in my notes. How advanced is he in the game. A good player is immediately noticeable. He won't bluff a lot or call an all-in with a bad card.

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you very much for all the comments, it was very useful for me.

meagain00

meagain00

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't have any note, and I don't use any poker tool. Just playing and observing the table I take my decisions.

I really know how different I can play by adopting these strategies, but don't wanna it for now.

meagain00

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it happens that after marking a player as a professional, then when meeting at the same table, he makes a lot of mistakes.There is a special tactic to create a fish at the table and still stay afloat.And already in the prize zone to give everything in full.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on pokerstars and ggpoker and I think that my opponents are a little better on pokerstars than on the other site.

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's only experience, that can help you to evaluate well

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At first I play extremely titov, to learn and make notes about the players. trying different tactics against different players. But it's not always possible to guess what card the opponent has.

T

tourpro99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think now with HUDs etc it's pretty easy to see if players are on the end 10 percent of tight or crazy/bad pretty quickly and the 5 percent who are really solid. I feel the other 75 percent play fairly similarly for the most part.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also take notes. I am convinced that my notes are an extremely valuable source of information that has repeatedly helped me make the right decision.

S

Stickyfish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I particularly, only sometimes make some notes if it goes to various speculative hands, if it is more conservative, if you usually make many bluffs, etc...

Good luck at the tables!
As soon as you sit at the table be attentive and see the actions that take place even if you are not involved in the hand.
For example, there are two types of limpers: Tricky limpers and Straight Forward limpers.
Tricky limpers will limp with strong premium hands and try to trap you if you raise them they will come back at you with a re-raise or Jam so as soon as you notice this kind of behavior of any player mark them any color you want and make a note stating tricky limper. Now, next time he tries this move you will be ready for him and make adjustments accordingly.
Straight Forwards Limpers are straight forward they limp with marginal hands and raise with a better hand. So, most of the time you raise them they will fold their hands. Or even if they call you depending upon the board texture, they will most of the time fold to your c bet.
This is just one example, there are many other tells that you have to keep in mind while playing small stakes. Their betting patterns will most of the time give away the strength of their hands.
Anyway, hope this helps you.
Cheers!!!

T

tladake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to take a tome to know them, observe and watch. On the beginning of the game I play very slow and low, until I will find what king of players i have around. When I play tournaments it is a little bit harder, because they move you another tables.

A

Anahita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By watching them how to bet , when to fold

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Good luck at the tables!

The problem is we are always re evaluating a player. You could play play thousand of hand vs a player and think you have him dead pegged but then he does something you did not expect. The question is why.? Is he learning something new? Miss-clicked? Or just sick of you beating him up. I have seen players total Chang there style.