How do you play pocket Jacks?

charliboulders

charliboulders

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omg I hate pocket hacks more than anything. I agree with playing them as a low pair, that seems to work best for me, but overall I always get screwed lol

shomy21

shomy21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With JJ I bet 3x blind, or I go all in if I have less than 10x blinds in stack on tournaments. If on flop the best card is 10, I bet pot. If the flop is over Jacks I try with some bet but on turn and river I just calling or fold...That is the best play for me on tournaments.

alittlepoker

alittlepoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw a video on playing them it was a good comedy on how to play JJ the link above might be the one

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Play them like 10s and Queens. Raise it up and see the flop. Adjust if overcards..

solargarlic

solargarlic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great question as I saw in many of the replies which I agree with is that JJ is one of the hardest hands to play in hold em. It seems to be a great starting hand until you see a flop usually besides I always seem to get it in against as better pocket then you and basically drawing dead. I wouldn't say fold pre-flop but proceed with extreme caution and be ready to fold as with any hand if it becomes weak quickly IMO. Good Luck and be careful with the hooks!

:jd4: :jd4:

Alexsandr Kononov

Alexsandr Kononov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A pair of jacks , are difficult to play because you have to play them differently depending on the position and the players in the hand. The most important thing that you should do with pocket jacks is to rid yourself of many players. The main mistake - a wrong estimation of power a pair of jacks . Although they look very decent hand , you should not aspire to put into the pot as much as possible of their chips before the flop