How Do YOU play JJ

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand gets me in more trouble, than all my leaks in poker. BRM< TILT ect.
Help. and tell me how you would play this hand, like I was a toddler.LOL

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
if I were a child I would soon move all in without thinking, but as I am not and depending on my position on the table I would increase by 3 to 4 BBs. and if the flop is favorable I could give an all in depending on the stack

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ is a rather complicated hand, but I wouldn’t hold it, rather if in position, you can go raise and decide, depending on the board, or fold or put in an all-inn

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If this could be explained well to a toddler, we would have a lot of toddlers who are good at playing poker. It's situational like most decent hands and you have to decide whether it is even a hand worth playing sometimes.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a very strong hand but not a monster! I try not to allow a multipot (because in a multipot the equity of this hand drops a lot). I always open this hand with a 3-bet raise and just call. On a low Board, I bet on velya. On the Board with an overpara I play potcontrol, this is in General terms -and so much depends on the opponents and the limit!

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For a toddler play it like you would 22 for a while and see how it goes for you. See the flop and go from there!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally like that hand. Try to isolate to minimize people coming in. Play it lot stronger in late position. Never get married to it, if doesn't work out, always have you're thumb to suck.

N

ndarragh91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on a lot of things such as stack size and how many other players are in. Usually I'd raise 2 or 3 BB early on but shove if you're low on BBs. If there are more than say 4 people involved in the hand then I'd just want to see a flop for as cheap as.

N

natprapan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand gets me in more trouble, than all my leaks in poker. BRM< TILT ect.
Help. and tell me how you would play this hand, like I was a toddler.LOL

I WILL JUST RAISE FOR PREFLOP AND THEN YOU HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO KNOW ABOUT THEM CARDS

DTMath

DTMath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been burned so many times with them I throw them out. After that a J comes up on the flop.

L

lusquinha2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have a big stack I just limp it, no matter what the enemy did. If I 10 BBs I'll shove it for sure!!

R

Raposo27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I raise for the preflop and wait to see if the flop is favorable.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre-flop will never fold them. The big raise before the flop is very important for me with pair of jacks and then when you see what is going on the flop you can realise what to do next. Playing them slowly is not recommended. Also many things depends on the stack, blinds and the opponents you are playing to. Try to play them as you feel it is right, do not blame yourself after that if you loose with pair of jacks. That was your decision.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very strong hand but not a monster! I try not to allow a multipot (because in a multipot the equity of this hand drops a lot). I always open this hand with a 3-bet raise and just call. On a low Board, I bet on velya. On the Board with an overpara I play potcontrol, this is in General terms -and so much depends on the opponents and the limit!
Thank you for youre reply. As you can see, people play then very different.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have a big stack I just limp it, no matter what the enemy did. If I 10 BBs I'll shove it for sure!!
Im beginning to think plyaing them more like mid pair is best But I do agree shoving with 10bb or less thanks

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thank you all for your help and replies. This is probably my first thread I started all by myself. I even got it in the right forum. HAHA I usually just reply to all you guys. Thanks Cards Chatters! You Rock!

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play jacks when I see the flop, with a stack of 20bb or less, I always play on the stack.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The answer to this question is the same as that of many other poker questions:

It depends...

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing the middle pairs has to be one of the most difficult things for a player. Average pairs ranging from 77 to JJ require a lot of judgment to be played for profit. preflop, you shouldn't leave someone in the pot inexpensively, because most players will be left behind with hands like Kx and Ax and you shouldn't let these players go into the flop, giving them each additional card a chance to beat you. if you are in vain and you have hit a set. In this case you have two options. The first concise to check or call a small raise to stay in the submarine to win the bet at the end but this involves the risk of being beaten later on the turn or the river. The second is to play aggressively by betting big to block the game settle for the pot if no one follows. but watch out for other possible combinations with the flop. If you haven't hit a set but your pair is higher than all the cards present on the flop. In this case, you must raise. This is the only way to probe your opponents. Preferably a substantial raise, to avoid absurd calls which would find an improbable suite or flush in two cards, turn and river. However, remember that you are in a situation where no one has raised a big pre-flop raise. on the other hand if You did not touch a set and the cards of the table are higher than your pair. You can then throw away your beautiful hands which is practically worth nothing.

S

Showbizin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on many factors. The thing I do every time is making less people see the flop. If I got a set that's great. :) If I there are overcards on the flop we could have big troubles.

When my effective stack is about 10-12bb I shove, of course.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing the middle pairs has to be one of the most difficult things for a player. Average pairs ranging from 77 to JJ require a lot of judgment to be played for profit. preflop, you shouldn't leave someone in the pot inexpensively, because most players will be left behind with hands like Kx and Ax and you shouldn't let these players go into the flop, giving them each additional card a chance to beat you. if you are in vain and you have hit a set. In this case you have two options. The first concise to check or call a small raise to stay in the submarine to win the bet at the end but this involves the risk of being beaten later on the turn or the river. The second is to play aggressively by betting big to block the game settle for the pot if no one follows. but watch out for other possible combinations with the flop. If you haven't hit a set but your pair is higher than all the cards present on the flop. In this case, you must raise. This is the only way to probe your opponents. Preferably a substantial raise, to avoid absurd calls which would find an improbable suite or flush in two cards, turn and river. However, remember that you are in a situation where no one has raised a big pre-flop raise. on the other hand if You did not touch a set and the cards of the table are higher than your pair. You can then throw away your beautiful hands which is practically worth nothing.

thanks alot makes alot of sense to me.:D

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
JJ can lead you to disaster , have to play it carefully , shove ip , with good pot odds , 20 blinds or less , I wouldn't shove for more or in other position , or at least I would think a lot of it , and ofcourse I wouldn't call with such a hand in a satellite , especially very close to getting a ticket (I have lost that way the best sat I have ever played lost to A5 shove form the BU , from the tables' chip leader ) . Calling with JJ sb shove who covers you must be done cautiously , better reshove IP a player you cover , or call/reshove oop with many players in the pot and a very big pot for you to win :)