How do you play with Big pairs

StephanJR

StephanJR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately, I've stopped eating with a big hand. What is better? If you have any advice, please let me know.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Was born with a big pair so I play Tag.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are various strategies that I use.

Short stack is the time to go all in. A pair wins most of the time in poker and this the ideal time to play in a way that is +ev and already has showdown value. This is short stack, so you need to play push/fold to build a pot.

Medium stack is the time (which many will argue against) to get to the flop at a decently cheap price. You raise 3xbb and hope someone is not about 3 bet all in. Play smart aggression and you can bank with them.

Deep stack is the time to bet heavily if you want to keep away the garbage hands. You can afford to bully the table at this point. Play smart and the chips will come.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just make a big raise to get rid of the fish. Better yet, go all-in.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HIGH PAIR

if kk AA i go all in preflop

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a thing I can't finish winning in the temptation I feel like playing a high card with which.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Lately, I've stopped eating with a big hand. What is better? If you have any advice, please let me know.

Hello.
A lot depends on my opponents, but I usually play aggressively.
Good luck.

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Big pairs I will play more aggressively depending on position stack and blinds I’m looking to go all in or at least a heathy raise

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the moment and on the opponents but as a general rule I always raise but not too much, otherwise the pot may mostly not pay off. :cool: