How do you get into a game with a small pair of hands?

StephanJR

StephanJR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What about bet size?

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I mix it up so you don't know what I have. EVER I limp with aa and 22. Sometime I go all in with 22 and aa. Makes it hard for the people you play against each day to know what you have!

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it depends my position on the table when I have a small pair. Watch how those ahead of me bid and then decide what to do with them.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually if I open it's for 2.5-3.x. Doesn't Really matter the hand. I really want to see flops.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Also depends on the aggressiveness of your opponents. Adjust your bet sizing based on position and opponent betting patterns. A small pair is really strong against a tight player. Not so much against an aggressive maniac.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on many factors like the level of blinds, your position at the table, your stack, etc. in early position a small raise like 2-3bb is usually a reasonable play. limping might also be a good choice. in middle or late position raising 2-3 bb is better than limping in most cases taking into account that you will be most likely the last player to act postflop.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
positioning on the table

What about bet size?

generally i play position with small pairs because they almost always lose every time, and it also depends on the blinds so early on in the game ill play with a wider range and later on ill tighten up my gameplay

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends if I have 22 and I have the big blind I usually call, but if I am at the final table with 22 I play him all in, or call anyone.

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not enter. I take care of my stack. Once via Doyle Brunson folded with a pair of 88, and the TV commentator was astonished, but I was impressed that several K's and A's appeared on the flop, and Brunson avoided losing chips and wondering what the hell to do. Good hands, you enter, bad hands, you fold.:cool::cool:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Top 10 Games