How do you improve at poker?

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you learn new poker strategies, who do you follow, what websites, software, books, etc. do you recommend?

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that poker has already been invented, apart from that I doubt that there is any strategy other than that of good players regardless of playing aggressively or being a bit passive, although the average of the two is the best in my opinion. I consider it to be a game that with basic knowledge, good math and luck, anyone can be a champion. Practice is what will lead to success

Y

youngun9927

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
there is lot of

there is lot of good study and couches out there u can get or talk to if u want to know a few i know contact me

A

Auswa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I currently watch twitch videos of people playing poker tournaments.

I watch what hands they play and their talk about adjusting to certain players when playing hands.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
How do you learn new poker strategies, who do you follow, what websites, software, books, etc. do you recommend?

There are lots of options out there, but for me, the best coach out there is Jonathan Little. He has a number of books out there, varying from entry level rookie, right through to high stakes crushers.

He also has a website - pokercoaching.com - that has the most content of any online training site today. There are three tiers of membership; free, standard and premium. I would strongly recommend completing all the free content first to see how you get on and if you can afford it and your poker results justify it, sign up to the standard membership. There are often promotions available to great good discounts, so no need to pay full price. There is also a lot of his content on YouTube.

I recommend (actually Jonathan Little recommends) not watching Twitch streamers for anything other than entertainment. Often they are playing at a level much higher than you should be playing and therefore thought processes and plays that make sense for them will not translate to your games. Also, they will not have the time to talk you through their whole thought process, so it is difficult to really get a true understanding of why they do what they do.

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

Hi, how is it going, look at a very good place to learn from scratch, YouTube is a great place to do it, there are hundreds of channels that give you great foundations. and good internet there are many sites but you have to see updated things. regards

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's also important to hear person's opinion, but everyone is also the one of past tense for those.

You also respect something to see by the table and feel, please.

ptracco

ptracco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to learn as much as I can.
as I dont have too much money to buy a coach or something like that. I go to internet.. here in cardchat Im learning a lot.
youtube as well have a lot of great stuff.
and I like to watch pro's playing live on twitch

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have me volume to see the results of your study

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. I watch streams of professional poker players on twitch. I watch their online poker game. I watch my husband play, he plays quite well. I am a member of poker groups in social networks. There I read various articles and tips.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best way to improve your game is to play as much as you can, gain experience and analyse your game and your mistakes.

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right here there is a lot of material to review and study.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I analyze my play and the play of my opponents in specialized programs. Watching replays of tournaments with open cards.