How do you evaluate hands

M

Maydayncs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all, I've been looking into going through my hand history and finding hands to evaluate. I've never really done this before so I was wondering how you guys go about evaluating hands in holdem manager. What are you looking for, what software do you use, how do you pick hands to evaluate, etc. I'm an absolute rookie at this so any advice is good advice

J

JohnTCook

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do you want to evaluate you hands? You should just be able to play poker based on your instinct and learn while playing. Reviewing mistakes can be helpful, but days later? Realize your mistakes and correct them at the present time. Just my 2 cents.

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time I look at hands where I lost/win the most chips/money with and think: was this necessary? Did I play this hand out of position or was this a hand I need to fold next time. It all about understanding situations and when you face the same situation again, you act the correct way.

M

Maydayncs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been doing a lot more reading about poker, specifically simple math concepts as well as various topics and I'd like to get some practice in math away from the table, as well as reevaluating my lines and play style. Basically preparing for the next battle

Why do you want to evaluate you hands? You should just be able to play poker based on your instinct and learn while playing. Reviewing mistakes can be helpful, but days later? Realize your mistakes and correct them at the present time. Just my 2 cents.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands