How do you deal with flop traps in Online Poker?

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Once I realize it's a trap, I don't move on. In case I don’t notice, either a miracle happens and fortune turns to face me (this happens not infrequently) or I lose a hand.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I call if the bet is small enough, but most often I just fold.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
check check wait for opponent to add chips and fold if it was a trap

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a Live Poker player, but why would this be something specific for Online Poker. Flops can be traps at any time.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We often notice online poker software playing against us in certain hands. What do you do in these moments?
I don't know about the flop, but if you're short on chips close to bursting the bubble, be smart, the software will give you a good hand, like JJ, AQ or low pair, just to knock you out of the tournament.:unsure:

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You cannot know exactly what will come up on the flop. After the flop, you also don't know what card will come up, but after the flop you can assume the probability of getting the card you need and, depending on the opponent's actions, continue the game or fold the card. And the fact that the site lures you with a good map is already fiction.

GervaCWB

GervaCWB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Not sure what you are talking about. What is a "flop trap", and how it is specific to online poker?
what I mean is that clearly the cards look different when the game is online, depending on algorithms for the game to flow and this makes some unlikely hands happen more often.

GervaCWB

GervaCWB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I don't know about the flop, but if you're short on chips close to bursting the bubble, be smart, the software will give you a good hand, like JJ, AQ or low pair, just to knock you out of the tournament.:unsure:
I only heard truths!

GervaCWB

GervaCWB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
You cannot know exactly what will come up on the flop. After the flop, you also don't know what card will come up, but after the flop you can assume the probability of getting the card you need and, depending on the opponent's actions, continue the game or fold the card. And the fact that the site lures you with a good map is already fiction.
What I mean is that sometimes the odds are always against you. The software makes it happen, it's just a simple algorithm as the system needs all the data to calculate who wins.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
We often notice online poker software playing against us in certain hands. What do you do in these moments?

We... or 'me' doesn't notice the software out to get me... Ever. If it did, I wouldn't play.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What I do in these moments is fairly predictable given your hypothesis and I would believe we all do the same thing:

We lose the hand and there are two ways in which we lose it.

1. We fold either on the flop, on the turn or on the river and we lose less than in the second act.
2. We lose at showdown, more than in previous scenarios.

There is also one way in which we may win this hand, because don't forget, we play against other humans (mostly), who are just as fearful as we are, considering we are fearful in the first place:

1. We pull out a bluffaroonie. Hurrah! That 12-cent pot is all ours to spend it as we please.

How we react to it is a completely different subject. But there are alternatives to this too. I can think of 2 ways actually:

1. We may rip the mouse out of our computer, incorporate it into our keyboard, with repeated powerful strikes. Take the keyboard and gently but firmly introduce it through the centre of the monitor. Rip the monitor from its cables to avoid possible electrocution further down the line. Launch it firmly at the window (use extra force if it is double glazed) and then sleep it off so next day you can calmly go to the shop and replace the faulty devices that you don't even remember you had so you can start off your online poker career.

2. Get over it, it happens, so what? It's just a stupid game of cards, anyway. You know the numbers will work out in your favour in the long run if you trust them.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The right thing would be to fold!
But I have to prove myself that I'm stronger than the poker room and face them! hahahaha

2. Get over it, it happens, so what? It's just a stupid game of cards, anyway. You know the numbers will work out in your favour in the long run if you trust them.
I always try to get this message across but sometimes it's really hard to follow!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what I mean is that clearly the cards look different when the game is online, depending on algorithms for the game to flow and this makes some unlikely hands happen more often.
So basically you are saying, that online poker is rigged to create more action. Do you have any kind of data to support your claim, that "unlikely hands happen more often" than they statistically should?